Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century

Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century (http://www.jtrforums.com/index.php)
-   The Phenomenon of Jack The Ripper (http://www.jtrforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   The Jack The Ripper Museum ( July 25, 2015) (http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=24106)

Howard Brown July 21st, 2015 03:55 PM

The Jack The Ripper Museum ( July 25, 2015)
 
http://www.jacktherippermuseum.com/


JACK THE RIPPER MUSEUM
12 CABLE STREET
LONDON
E1 8JG


TEL: 020 7448 9811

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...015/museum.jpg

Gary Barnett July 21st, 2015 04:07 PM

I was planning to go to Cable Street next week to take a few photos around Dellow Street. If the museum's open, I'll pop in and have a look.

Does anyone know whose baby this is? Not RE's presumably because there's no mention of Kos.

Howard Brown July 21st, 2015 04:12 PM

Having a hell of a time trying to sign on for their newsletter...someone goofed on their end....try it Gary.

Sam Flynn July 21st, 2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Barnett (Post 271809)
Does anyone know whose baby this is? Not RE's presumably because there's no mention of Kos.

Mark Richard Palmer-Edgecumbe is listed as director of Jack the Ripper Museum Ltd on the website "Companies in the UK". He was appointed director in May 2015. Mr Palmer-Edgecumbe was previously non-exec director of the Museum of London (2006-2013), and has a pretty impressive CV on Linkedin.

Gary Barnett July 21st, 2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard Brown (Post 271810)
Having a hell of a time trying to sign on for their newsletter...someone goofed on their end....try it Gary.

How,

I filled out the online form and then received an email from someone called Fiona Marshall asking me to confirm that I was not a Robot. Once I did so I was told I had been added to the subscription list.

Was that your experience or did you not get that far?

Gary.

Gary Barnett July 21st, 2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Flynn (Post 271812)
Mark Richard Palmer-Edgecumbe is listed as director of Jack the Ripper Museum Ltd on the website "Companies in the UK". He was appointed director in May 2015. Mr Palmer-Edgecumbe was previously non-exec director of the Museum of London (2006-2013), and has a pretty impressive CV on Linkedin.

That seems to bode well, Gareth. Bit of an out of the way location, though, if it's to succeed as a commercial venture.

Sam Flynn July 21st, 2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Barnett (Post 271813)
How,

I filled out the online form and then received an email from someone called Fiona Marshall asking me to confirm that I was not a Robot.

Was that your experience or did you not get that far?

Poor old How had a slightly different experience... he got an email asking him whether he was an exhibit.

(I'm here to tell ya!)

Gary Barnett July 21st, 2015 05:30 PM

I may have spoken too soon. I have received a second email asking me to confirm that I am not a Robot.

P-E-R-H-A-P-S T-H-E-Y D-I-D N-O-T B-E-L-I-E-V-E M-E T-H-E F-I-R-S-T T-I-M-E.

Edit: to prove my humanity the second time I had to identify the hamburgers in a gallery of foods.

I can't believe Howard flunked that one.

Howard Brown July 21st, 2015 05:38 PM

Gary:
Did that appear for you ? Nothing showed up for me.

Sam Flynn July 21st, 2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Barnett (Post 271816)
I have received a second email asking me to confirm that I am not a Robot.

The museum is in Cable Street, right? Back in 1936, they'd have asked you to confirm you weren't a rabbi.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright @ Howard & Nina Brown 2015-2022