Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Board Announcements > Holiday and Other Announcements

Holiday and Other Announcements Forum for well-wishes for events other than birthdays

Old January 1st, 2011, 05:27 PM   #21
Cris Malone
Historian

Yep,

One more year under the belt...

... And I now have to stand directly over the commode... no more writing your name in the snow.

I have to shave my ears as well as my face.

I no longer have to imagine mundane things to prolong sex... imagining sex is difficult enough.

I go to the cabinet to look for something; open the door; stand there... and try to figure out what the hell I'm looking for.

...But... I've still got four good tires on the pickup.

The roof don't leak where it would really matter anyway.

I get more stuff from AARP than from bill collectors.

And the little woman no longer cares how long I stay gone or where I've been...so

We're still a livin' so everything's OK

Happy New Year
"Objectivity comes from how the evidence is treated, not the nature of the evidence itself. Historians can be just as objective as any scientist."
Cris Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:12 PM   #22
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

check ... And I now have to stand directly over the commode... no more writing your name in the snow.

check... I have to shave my ears as well as my face.

check...I go to the cabinet to look for something; open the door; stand there... and try to figure out what the hell I'm looking for.

check...But... I've still got four good tires on the pickup.

check I get more stuff from AARP than from bill collectors.

check. ..We're still a livin' so everything's OK

Happy New Year

Excuse me...but I think we're twins.
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:15 PM   #23
Adam Went
Researcher

A belated Happy New Year to all the members of the forums! I was out and about to celebrate it this year, which is always fun, despite the fact that i'm now really, really sunburnt....

The best wishes to all for the new year!

Cheers,
Adam.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:36 AM   #24
Tracy Ianson
Researcher

Adam

It is so hard to picture someone getting sunburn on New years eve lol, we have about 4 layers of clothes on!

My night included a poor old woman getting knocked down when a bloke went to hit another one, missed and hit her, she smacked her head going down and blood all over, she was ok bless her, to be followed an hour later by a huge bust up with people flying all over left right and center,even little ol' me getting threatened off a bloke with getting my face punched in and a bloke coming towards me with a kitchen knife. All the above happened because of one bloke who had had too much.

Seriously thinking of having a quiet night in next year...maybe take up knitting or crochet, something like that, nothing too adventurous!!!

Tracy xx
Tracy Ianson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:43 AM   #25
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

My night included a poor old woman getting knocked down when a bloke went to hit another one, missed and hit her, she smacked her head going down and blood all over, she was ok bless her, to be followed an hour later by a huge bust up with people flying all over left right and center,even little ol' me getting threatened off a bloke with getting my face punched in and a bloke coming towards me with a kitchen knife. All the above happened because of one bloke who had had too much.

Tracy...what kicked off this shindig ?
Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:56 AM   #26
Mike Covell
Former Member

We had a quiet night in, went out into the street at Midnight and met family and friends, and watched the fireworks and chinese lanterns. Good job really, as this was going down in West Hull.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...l/article.html

Mike Covell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:26 AM   #27
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Hull sounds like a toddlin' town,Mike.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 03:23 PM   #28
Tracy Ianson
Researcher

Hi How

Tracy...what kicked off this shindig ?

A bloke who was out of his head, insulting people (which caused the bloke trying to hit him) and then getting paranoid about his girlfriend and wanting to 'teach her a lesson', wasn't bothered who he had to go through to get to her (about 5 of us!). The annoying thing is none of us hardly knew him, at best he was a neighbour to one of them.

One part of the night that should have been caught on camera was when one bloke, dragged the lad out of the bathroom, perfect timing if you ask me as the lad was just contemplating 'doing me some damage' (like something out of a bad b rated movie lol) if I didn't move,as his girlfriend was cowering behind me, anyway he dragged the lad out of the bathroom to the top of the stairs, sent him flying down the stairs, him going with him, both tumbled to the bottom of the stairs, with the bloke on top having pinned the lad behind his neck to the ground....classic, it was like something out of an action movie!! He then flung him out of the house and over the garden wall that was when he came back with the knife. Just couldn't take the hint lol.

Tracy
Old January 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM   #29
Chris G.

That's too much New Year excitement for me. Glad you could see the funny side of it.
For info about RipperCon in Baltimore, MD,
April 7-8, 2018, go to http://rippercon.com/
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM   #30
Tracy Ianson
Researcher

Hi Chris

I think it happened so unexpectedly that you didn't have time to feel anything really, it seems a bit surreal, I think the one thing that freaked me out was him coming back towards us, after going home for the knife....smiling, that smile just seemed so out of place!!

Unfortunately this seems to be the norm on a night out the last few times I have been out, either I have a big bullseye on my back or things are getting bad here!

Thankfully no-one really got hurt -although I had a hell of a headache New Years day - wish I could blame him but I think it was more self inflicted!!

Tracy