Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Victoria(n) Dreams

Victoria(n) Dreams 'For those who still can't let go in their sleep. Tell us your dream-time in the Victorian East End and world. Let us know how you solved the case as Edmund Reid. Share your experience with Pearly Poll in The White Swan. Remember last night's mare when you've been Annie Crook in the workhouse. Stun us with the moment you woke with a startle, crying out "It was Him!"

Old October 13th, 2016, 12:49 PM   #1
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Default Victoria(n) Dreams

Forum suggested by Daniel Cazard.
Old October 13th, 2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Daniel Cazard

Default An Encounter, and other scrambled motives

This took place 2 nights ago, after a session of debate with Christer Holmgren and, not too surprisingly, a bout of subsequent thinking about Lechmere.

Following effortlessly, floatingly a dream-chapter of quite exceptional violence that had made me feel as if the whole of the human world was set against each other and destined to tear itself to shreds, a great calm entered in its stead, and I was once more, as so often before, back in the days.
I clearly recall wearing a pinstripe suite, but very bad shoes. Most of the time everything was slightly desaturated, sometimes wholly black, grey and white. People were, and this continuancy seems solely reserved to those dreams carrying me back in time to the late 19th century, they were all wearing the to be expected variety of the era's fashion. I recall passing a large rock, a cliff, but still part of the city, and railway tracks above.
Some of the brutality of the previous chapter began to seep back in as I found myself entering an open room, much like a workshop, with what was almost a stage as a floor. People were dressed more in unifying poverty here, I was alert, as some of the men seemed all too ready for a brawl.
A succession of vendors began to take possession of the 'stage' in turns, I mostly remember a group of 5 or 6 children, holding up jars for sale. The jars contained human organs, intestines, lungs, and a number of simply unrecognizable lumps. The children, I felt, were managed, but they appeared to come after their task with a lack of concern that bordered on relish.
And then he was suddenly there. It was a moment in black and white. He only stood there. I felt nothing particular. I was somewhat distracted by him wearing sheer grotesque, thick sideburns. My mind, ever out to entertain me, is, it seems, good at reversing the image of a man in age, for Lechmere seemed not to have reached his 50s.

The impression of Lechmere, and of his sideburns, was strong enough for me to forget what came thereafter. Yes, I often dream pretty shallow and explicable.
Daniel Cazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2016, 08:37 PM   #3
Daniel Cazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Brown View Post
Forum suggested by Daniel Cazard.
Thank you, Howard!
Old October 23rd, 2016, 03:05 PM   #4
Daniel Cazard

Default Too much murder on the mind

A late afternoon nap had me in the main hall of a large museum for natural history. The gentlemen with me were plain clothes & moustache police, and a man was suspended in the air, entangled in an assortment of ropes and debris, and spiked by a large shard of glass from the glass roof through which he'd fallen, coming to a stop close to where the Mastodon skeleton stood.
I marched up and down, basking in the light of my own confidence, saying out loud,
'it is unlikely that Sir Michael went the way through the menagerie, along the galleries, up the ladder, across the roof and down to the Mastodon all by himself! I say murder!'
Old November 1st, 2016, 06:03 AM   #5
Daniel Cazard

Default The Naked Eye

This one I had in the early morning hours. I'd read private investigator Randy Williams' article in the latest edition of 'Ripperologist' the previous evening.

There was another conference, and although I'd never been to one of them I could tell it was the usual: lavishly green hilltops covering a rented 20 or so acres, buffets, colourful tents, the evening scene having some of the nightly estate in von Trier's 'Melancholia', for some reason music by Danny Elfman was played over the speakers, most of the attending either dressed in tuxedos or Victorian fashion.
Theories were running free range, and those holding them spoke from little pedestals, it had something of speaker's corner to it. Everything I heard sounded outlandish. But what most stuck to mind was the fact that a large quantity of those speakers appeared to be nudists.
Old November 1st, 2016, 11:54 AM   #6
Anna Morris

Daniel: You should look into remote viewing. I think it's something between dreaming and seeing things, past, future, present. I can sometimes accurately remote view the present.
Old November 1st, 2016, 06:19 PM   #7
Daniel Cazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Morris View Post
Daniel: You should look into remote viewing. I think it's something between dreaming and seeing things, past, future, present. I can sometimes accurately remote view the present.
I think in this case it's just those little night goblins in my head reflecting on the previous evening and trying to have some fun (they generally have a rather sarcastic disposition). Not to mention that the whole thing, Victorian London, doesn't seem to leave me in peace even as I'm sleeping.

Have you read the article, btw.?