Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Motives and Reasons > 7. Occult

7. Occult “Then he becomes an ageless pathological monster, crouching to kill, on evenings when the stars blaze down in the blazing patterns of death.” - Robert Bloch

Old December 16th, 2006, 07:48 AM   #1
Magpie
Researcher

Default The Ripper and the Golden Dawn.

Here a brief article some may find interesting:

http://www.ritualabusefree.org/The%20Golden%20Dawn.htm
Old December 16th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #2
John Savage
The Old Professor

Hi Magpie,

Thanks for that link, entertaining if nothing else.

Problem is, the site seems to be run by one of those wacky extreme religious groups that flourish in the US, and I became suspicious when I read that "The courageous work of Stephen Knight showed the ‘Ripper’ murders not only to be Masonic ritual murders, but also that they were covered up and concealed by Freemasons. There is also widespread belief that Stephen Knight’s death in 1985, was murder"

The group running this site also run something called Ex Masons For Jesus! Anyway I don't think we should take this site too seriously, perhaps best to enjoy it after a few beers when I am sure it would become hilarious.
Rgds
John
John Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #3
Mags
Researcher & Sweetheart

Man, I love the Internet! Something for absolutely everyone!!
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #4
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Magpie:

Ditto on the kudos for finding that.

I'm wondering why they mention LSD,since LSD wasn't invented until 1944. Shame that page isn't accessible.

Nice list of references,too.
Old December 17th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #5
Magpie
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Savage
Hi Magpie,

Thanks for that link, entertaining if nothing else.

Problem is, the site seems to be run by one of those wacky extreme religious groups that flourish in the US, and I became suspicious when I read that "The courageous work of Stephen Knight showed the ‘Ripper’ murders not only to be Masonic ritual murders, but also that they were covered up and concealed by Freemasons. There is also widespread belief that Stephen Knight’s death in 1985, was murder"

The group running this site also run something called Ex Masons For Jesus! Anyway I don't think we should take this site too seriously, perhaps best to enjoy it after a few beers when I am sure it would become hilarious.
Rgds
John
Hi John.

Sadly yes, the SRA networks are less than reliable--most are paranoid, bordering on the hysterical. But know How's interest in the potential occult aspects of the case I couldn't not post it, really. I trusted y'all are intelligent enough (from what I've always seen) to recognize the curiosity--rather than research--value of the story
Old December 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM   #6
Magpie
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Brown
Magpie:

Ditto on the kudos for finding that.

I'm wondering why they mention LSD,since LSD wasn't invented until 1944. Shame that page isn't accessible.

Nice list of references,too.
Hi How!

I'm guessing that the book covers the Golden Dawn from the inception right through to their (perceived) mordern activities. I'd like to read the book, but I'm not shelling out $8 for it
Old December 17th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #7
John Savage
The Old Professor

Hi Magpie,

You were quite right to post the link and I thank you for it, as these things can often lead us to other sources of information. It was simply that when I found that remark about Stephen Knight I felt the need to explore the site a little more and decided that anything they had to say needed to be taken with a pinch of salt. ( a bit like SK really).

"SRA Networks", I am afraid that I am unfamiliar with that, perhaps you could enlighten me?

Rgds
John
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #8
Dan Norder
Former Member

I believe Magpie was referring to organized groups who claim that there is an extensive conspiracy of "Satanic Ritual Abuse" afoot in the world causing murders and mayhem way beyond what normal crime statistics indicate, thanks to an extensive coverup by high-placed leaders of this cult.

Here's a link to a site has all sorts of detailed info on the topic:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/sra.htm

The page on the history of SRA and other folktales has some pretty remarkable gaps (the idea that these beliefs were ever inactive is silly) and some mistakes (it's very unlikely that the majority of witchcraft accusations were actually made against followers of an "Old Religion", and especially not Wicca, as it is a modern religion invented with the last century or so), but otherwise I can generally recommend the site.

Incidentally, all too many people who present themselves as experts on occult crime are really just SRA believers without any knowledge of actual occult beliefs or practices. This includes many of those who offer their services to law enforcement personnel. Unfortunately there isn't a way for most police forces or individuals to test an alleged occult expert's actual knowledge.

And, also, it's worth noting that the lumping together of all pagans as Satanists, as Joe Chetcuti did in his recent "Tumblety was a Satanist" theory (not that there's good evidence he was pagan either), is a standard feature of SRA beliefs. Ditto with claiming that Freemasons/Jews/Catholics/Moslems/New Agers/Atheists/Mormons/etc. are Satanists.
Old December 17th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #9
John Savage
The Old Professor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that, and I am now a little more wise.

Being a devout sceptic I am afraid that I dismiss all these ideas of satanic or ritual abuse as nonsense, although I do receive ritual abuse on a regular basis from an organistaion calling themselves Barclays Bank Plc.

Rgds
John
Old December 17th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #10
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Dan is correct on how the police authorities of large cities ( such as Philadelphia or even bigger cities like London ) will....when stumped on the motive of a certain crime or series of murders....will now,based on an overblown estimated proportion of murders seemingly ritual in basis being disseminated in Western society....ask those with expertise on the crimes that were motivated by ritualism as well as psychics ( One famous one lives not more than 1/2 mile from me,Valerie Morrison) to offer their opinions on the crime at hand to determine if it is/was possible that a "ritual motive" ( usually non-Western and Afro-Caribbean based) was/is evident.

This procedure has more to do with the fact that we in the 21st century are considerate of ALL possible motives,if one is not readily apparent. The police are simply covering all bases as well as their asses.

For instance....if a victim appears to have been murdered and displayed in some sort of ritual fashion, although it wasn't the intention of the perpetrator...and the police are stumped...they will call in qualified professionals to ascertain if this crime has a "ritual" link or scent to it. The chances are that a qualified professional will say its possible since thats the grease that keeps their wheels lubed and in the public eye.

Despite it not really being a "ritual" crime, the potentiality of it being a ritual murder remains until all the loose ends are tied up.

Thats the part of the story that we seldom hear about.

This is what I feel happened within the article I compiled for Dan 2 years ago regarding the North Philadelphian who had his heart,liver and lung removed and left in a debris filled burned out dwelling in the heart of The Badlands....a place where anything goes after dark..

So far,nothing other than the nearly 4 year old initial story/stories have been discussed in the Philadelphia area papers...or by the police. They asked Dr.Perlmutter to assist them,but her guess,in all reality,is no better at this point than the psychics they asked to "help" them regarding a possible link to ritualism.

Whomever killed that man ( Ripper Notes readers may refer to the July 2004 issue for a fairly complete backdrop to this terrible tragedy) may still be around. I seriously doubt that ritualism was in any way a part of this crime. Then again,should someone else surface minus three vital organs,I'll stand corrected.

For one thing,if it was a ritual,the perpetrator(s) have not struck again to anyone's knowledge after nearly 4 years. In addition, the selection of the site where he was murdered would took some effort to take his torso there in the first place. It wasn't displayed like say,an Eddowes or Chapman were ( killed on site ) and was most likely,an act of rage on the spot.