Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Motives and Reasons > 7. Occult

7. Occult “Then he becomes an ageless pathological monster, crouching to kill, on evenings when the stars blaze down in the blazing patterns of death.” - Robert Bloch

Old April 5th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #1
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Default Difference between Occult murders and sexual serial killers

Dr. Dawn Perlmutter responded to the following question I posed to her today ( April 4th )

Me: In your opinion, is it plausible that someone could perform eviscerations ( Jack The Ripper...Philly Ripper...Palo Mayombe ) withOUT being a 'sexual serial killer' ?

Dr. Dawn: Howard,

There are many examples of cases of mutilations / evisceration's that have absolutely nothing to do with sexual motivations. For many it is a religious experience or a required ritual for initiation, transformation or (self)deification.

Dawn

So....from a professional point of view, evisceration murders are NOT always the work of "ssk's"......
Howard Brown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #2
D1g1TaL Gh0sT
Former Member

A plausible possibility. Stripping a victim of their clothes, can be performed strictly to embarass the deceased, and have nothing whatsoever to do with any sexually-charged "voyeristic" tendencies the killer may have. For the life of me, I cannot see how the process of 'evisceration' could be in any way sexually arousing.

Unless, of course, that person was one, sick, f@#*.
Old May 28th, 2004, 02:15 PM   #3
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

........a sick f*** that most likely would not have been able to pull off these crimes,whether it was 4,5 or 6. Evil is more like it....I agree with you 100 % about the humiliation aspect...check this out...........

I saw a program about 15 years ago,where these 5 gangbangers beat the living merde outta this other guy....They topped it off by one victor peeing on the dude,for their vcr-handheld-camera-wielding-buddy-standing there taking it all in. The tape was used in evidence to put the Urinator in jail.
Old May 28th, 2004, 02:20 PM   #4
D1g1TaL Gh0sT
Former Member

That's all too common today. Videotaping the crime, that is. Primairly because, the majority of criminals today are just, plain stupid. Occasional it's done, for the killer(s) to watch and re-live the moment somewhere down the line (i.e. Charles Ng and Lenord Lake).
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #5
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Seriously,Ghost....I don't think Darwin would be as convinced of his Theory of Evolution,had he met some of the knuckle dragging idiots we have around now.....I used to make it a requisite for my oldest daughter to watch AMERICA"S DUMBEST CRIMINALS with me,to show them Old Charley may have been wrong. Look at West Virginia ! Thats Darwin's "waiting room" !!!!!!!
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:02 PM   #6
WTM
Former Member

Arrow Just for Ghost

From Murder Most Foul:

Very likely the murderous act and subsequent mutilation of the corpse were equivalents for the sexual act.

Necrophilia is extremely rare and should be borne in mind whenever a sadistic murder has occurred and portions of the body are missing.

When the police later searched his apartment, they found several bottles of formalin under his bed, and in them were the sexual organs and parts of several women, dissected with varying degrees of surgical finesse.

It cannot be doubted that a great number of so-called lust murders depend upon a combination of excessive and perverted desire. As a result of this perverse colouring of the feelings, further acts of bestiality with the corpse may result - e.g., cutting it up and wallowing in the intestines. The case of Andreas Bichel points to this possibility. He killed and dissected ravished girls. With reference to one of his victims, at his examination he expressed himself as follows: "I opened her breast and with a knife cut through the fleshy parts of the body. Then I arranged the body as a butcher does beef, and hacked it with an axe into pieces of a size to fit the hole which I had dug up in the mountain for burying it. I may say that while opening the body I was so greedy that I trembled, and could have cut out a piece and eaten it."

Eating human flesh gave Dahmer an erection. Before any clean up began, Dahmer reached for his Polaroid to capture the entire experience so that he could remember each and every murder. Then he cut open their torsos. He was fascinated by the color of the viscera and sexually aroused by the heat that the freshly-killed body would give off. Finally, he would dismember the man, photographing each stage of the process for future viewing pleasure. Some parts of the bodies he chose to keep as trophies, frequently the genitals and head.

It's a sick world out there, dude.
Old May 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #7
D1g1TaL Gh0sT
Former Member

Like I said: One, sick f@#*.

Don't get me wrong. I'm fully cognizant of the fact, that people's sexual stimuli varies widely. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I couldn't imagine holding down my lunch, never mind "popping a chubby", while trying to gulp down a piece of someone's anatomy. Along with the subsequent stench.