Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Victims > Elizabeth Stride

Old May 10th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #21
Wicker Man
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Not at all, Jon. I don't bend, twist or dilute any of Hutchinson's story, because I don't have to. I'm just speaking as I find - and what I find is a literally incredible amount of detail, in a story which looks suspiciously similar to others that had been in the public domain since the 9th November. I may be mistaken in my conclusion, but the evidence for it is "all there", with no bending/twisting required.
I was particularly thinking about your conversion of a black leather bag into an imitation black leather strapped parcel.
Considering no specific shape for this parcel is given except its length at 8 inch (bags being much larger), it would be more fitting as a leather-bound book than a bag.
Then again, it could have been tubular and not rectangular.
A strange substitution for a 'borrowed' tale.

Its thee significant weak point, so rather than admit it, you seem to want to justify it away the best way you can.
Not an unexpected response.
" observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.
Wicker Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #22
Sam Flynn
Owl Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicker Man View Post
I was particularly thinking about your conversion of a black leather bag into an imitation black leather strapped parcel.
It's not a "conversion" - it's an embellishment. Like someone saying "shoe" and someone else nicking their story and saying "a kind of leather boot".
Quote:
Its thee significant weak point, so rather than admit it, you seem to want to justify it away the best way you can.
Not an unexpected response.
It's not a weak point at all, if only you'd only take the time to understand what I mean.

Of course, it's very difficult to reach an understanding when if you insist on countering everything I say with increasingly pernickety and belittling remarks, so I shall desist from trying.

"Suche Nullen"
(F. Nietzsche)

Sam Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #23
Wicker Man
Researcher

A 'well-dressed bogey-man with the proverbial Black leather bag' is the iconic figure we are being led to believe inspired him to spin this tale.

Without the bag the impact just doesn't hit home. Hutchinson's man could just as easily being carrying the Torah, as opposed to instruments of death.
" observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.
Wicker Man is offline   Reply With Quote