Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Community's Collective Wisdom

The Community's Collective Wisdom "Scotland Yard was really no wiser on the subject than it was 15 years ago.."-F.G.Abberline,1903. The question is...are we ?

Old January 19th, 2015, 05:49 AM   #71
Tracy Ianson
Researcher

Quote:
longer commented on my posts, you are becoming very annoying and also very offensive. I am a Laird of Scotland and I do not take kindly to being insulted.

Quote:
In my very first post I said that all efforts to prove the diary a fake had failed and therefore it must be genuine, going by the logic of Conan Doyles Sherlock Holmes.
So an argument is put forward from fictional character to prove the existence of a fake artifact......... sounds legit

Tj (not a Laird of Scotland)
Old January 19th, 2015, 08:55 AM   #72
Stevi B

Robinson Laird: I was, at first, interested in your theory that the victims had been anaethetised. If you care to read my posts on this very subject, you will see that I have presented evidence and documented sources from medical history/journals [as referred to by Cogidubinus]. You would also be aware that, although not agreeing totally with my views, I have enjoyed the exchange between myself and other posters [inc Lynn] with whom we have agreed to disagree on some points. This is reasoned argument. Whilst you might not like some of the comments, I believe it is fair to say that if an argument is presented, which others find unacceptable, it is more than likely that it will be subjected to scrutiny. Surely, if anyone (myself included) makes funamental errors in citing a wrong name, then it is useful to our understanding and to be big enough to admit where we are wrong.
In my opinion, to state that your are an ex-police office and Laird, does little to endear you or your argument to your case. Please accept that this forum is open to people from varying backgrounds and knowledge, each with differening views. If nothing else, we have the unique and welcome opportunity of sharing our knowledge, to learn, and to look at options and information we may have missed or not previously considered. This is healthy and, from my short time as a member of the forum, have enjoyed reading and contributing, and have found the posters most welcoming.

As to your hypothesis, where I do not agree with you is that I do not believe that all of the supposed victims (Turner, Smith) were killed by Jack, and nor were they all anaethetised with ether. One of the problems with any theory is when a claim is linked, by whatever tenuous link, to another - in this case, a connection between use of anaesthetic and the Ripper being Maybrick. Discrediting one, by implication, can discredit the other to some.
Where I have a problem with your theory is that it appears that you have based your assumption on the Diary being authentic. Proof of providence rests on evidence to show that a subject being genuine not on claims that "no-one can show it is not what is it is claimed to be" - or words to that effect.

To make any claim worth considering, surely you would agree, it is necessary to quantify it with sourced references so that such "facts" can be considered and verified.

Stevi B
Old January 19th, 2015, 03:59 PM   #73
Cogidubnus
Derelict and Drifting

Quote:
Understand tempers can get frayed when dealing with that kind of attitude, but also kindly ask you try and refrain from calling other posters deluded headcases in future (I know how tempting it can sometimes get). Cheers mate.
Hi Jon

Yes you're, of course, quite right...I shall attempt to exercise greater restraint in future...

All the best

Dave
Cogidubnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 06:02 PM   #74
Big Jon
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
Hi Jon

Yes you're, of course, quite right...I shall attempt to exercise greater restraint in future...

All the best

Dave
No problem mate. Take care.

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Big Jon is offline   Reply With Quote