Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Community's Collective Wisdom

The Community's Collective Wisdom "Scotland Yard was really no wiser on the subject than it was 15 years ago.."-F.G.Abberline,1903. The question is...are we ?

Old March 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #21
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default Lewis

Hello Tom. Thanks.

"then by two hands working in tandem"

Been reading George Lewis, I see. He thought that quite likely.

Cheers.
LC
Lynn Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #22
Tom_Wescott
Researcher and Award Winning Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Cates View Post
Hello Tom. Thanks.

"then by two hands working in tandem"

Been reading George Lewis, I see. He thought that quite likely.

Cheers.
LC
Hi Lynn. I recall reading a theory from George Lewis, but I don't recall it was that? Keep in mind, I'm not saying that I BELIEVE two men killed Stride and Eddowes, I'm simply saying it's more tenable than the unworkable notion that the two murders were unrelated. That idea had its much overrated day in the sun and must go away now. It's perfectly possible, even more probable, that one man killed both. But I could accept either theory.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Tom_Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #23
Trevor Marriott
Author & Researcher

Quote:
Hello Trevor. Thanks.

If Kate went to Goulston, then she took a detour. She would need to turn right from the gaol. She didn't. But why Goulston?

Yes, they checked the thighs for seminal fluid--standard procedure, given the prevalence of iterfemoral intercourse. Same with Polly. But she was clean because she had washed. (See Oram testimony on this issue.)

For the last, I don't count. After all, I am SUPPOSED to be absent minded. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
LC
Well seminal fluid dries quickly when exposed to the air especially on skin

If she had had any sex as stated she could have wiped herself with the apron piece in Gouldton st which is a stones throw away from Flower and Dean st

Perhaps you could refer me to the pram testimony

Trevor
Trevor Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:20 AM   #24
Monty
---- ---

Lynn is actually referring to Emily Holland, misquoted as Oram.

Her testimony reads -

Emily Holland, a married woman, living at 18, Thrawl-street, said deceased had stayed at her lodgings for about six weeks, but had not been there during the last ten days or so. About half-past two on Friday morning witness saw deceased walking down Osborne-street, Whitechapel-road. She was alone, and very much the worse for drink. She informed witness that where she had been living they would not allow her to return because she could not pay for her room. Witness persuaded her to go home. She refused, adding that she had earned her lodging money three times that day. She then went along the Whitechapel-road. Witness did not know in what way she obtained a living. She always seemed to her to be a quiet woman, and kept very much to herself.

In reply to further questions witness said she had never seen deceased quarrel with anybody. She gave her the impression of being weighed down by some trouble. When she left the witness at the corner of Osborne-street, she said she would soon be back.

If this is to be believed then we have Nichols admitting to earning her doss money 3 times that day.

Lynn is making the assumption, understandably, that Nichols made that doss money by having intercourse though it must be stressed Holland never actually stated that.

Monty
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #25
Monty
---- ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
You cannot discount that. my working experience with prostitutes is that they will never miss an opportunity to do business.

The mystery with Eddowes is the missing 44 mins. More so if all the witnesses re Mitre Square are correct. She couldnt have been there before 1.30am, where did she go, who was she with, did she find another customer somewhere else before heading back to The Square? This could account for the fact that no one saw her. Or did she decide to go to her lodgings and risk the wrath of Kelly and at the last minute and decided against it.

So many questions very few positive answers
Ha ha, working experience....sure.

No, seriously, I agree with Trevors post as I have witnessed soliciting whilst we were in the midst of taking a witness statement at a massage parlour.

Two points -

1) I was at work for an Enforcement Agency

2) It wasnt the witness.

Before y'all start

Monty
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #26
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default About "Times."

Hello Tom. Thanks.

his take is included in the "Philadelphia Times" story of 3 December. He was convinced that there were two men, but acting together.

Cheers.
LC
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #27
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default Ultimate solution

Hello Trevor. Thanks.

The Oram (AKA Holland) testimony is in the "Ultimate."

Cheers.
LC
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #28
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default AKA

Hello Neil. Thanks.

"Lynn is making the assumption, understandably, that Nichols made that doss money by having intercourse though it must be stressed Holland never actually stated that."

Indeed. But it was most likely interfemoral.

By the way, "Jane Oram" was her AKA. (Of course, Paul Begg conjectures that it was a mishearing of Holland [who, besides being "Emily" was also called "Ellen."])

Cheers.
LC
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #29
Trevor Marriott
Author & Researcher

Quote:
Hello Trevor. Thanks.

The Oram (AKA Holland) testimony is in the "Ultimate."

Cheers.
LC
So what do you deduce from that ?

Trevor
Trevor Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #30
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default Mum's the word.

Hello Jon. Thanks.

Well, I thought about that, but was keeping mum.

Cheers.
LC