Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Critics Corner + Opinion Central

Critics Corner + Opinion Central Book and articles reviewed...Theories analyzed....You know what they say about opinions...they're like Ripperological viewpoints....everyone has one.

Old March 27th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Caroline Brown
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
The gist of this post it to ask those Cabal/Cartel accusers to provide evidence that such an damaging organisation exists, what action they have secretly taken to suppress new information and who its members are?

Such accusations are extremely serious as they can be personally damaging to those inferred as a Cabal/Cartel member.

So come on, y’all quick to shoot your lip about a Cabal, suggest there is an organisation within the field who is plotting to keep information at bay, who is this cabal and what exactly have they done?

Put up or shut up.

Monty
Hi Monty,

It is patently obvious to most of us that this is just a pile of divisive nonsense that probably not even Trevor or Phil really believe. If I thought they did believe it I'd seriously recommend a check up from the neck up for both of them, and if that failed I'd knock their heads together.

I don't know of any two researchers/theorists/friends/writing colleagues who have exactly the same opinions on the case, and that pretty much goes for the police, the medical men and any other commentators right from 1888 to the present day.

The recent resurgence of the 'no Jack/mythical Jack/multiple killers' malarkey is just one more example of theorists disagreeing with other theorists. Even the few who take this view will disagree with one another over the details, and what they think the murders were all about.

When it boils down to it, each of us is in a minority of one. But while most of us are happy to have our opinions and arguments analysed, questioned, challenged, even mocked, there does seem to be a small number of very vocal posters (I hesitate to use the word 'clique' because that's the accusation they level at others) who get so defensive about their own minority views that they rush in to defend each other whether it's called for or not, see every challenge as some personal affront, or imagine they are being ganged up on, and maddest of all, being deliberately kept out of some secret and elitist ripperological loop.

Monty, I don't think this needs to be taken seriously. By asking for evidence that doesn't exist - cannot possibly exist - you are giving such people and their silliness the oxygen of publicity, when they have proved themselves more than capable of self-publicising. They are grown adults like the rest of us but they just need to grow a pair. IMHO.

By the way, I love you to bits but I don't agree with you about the GSG, so I'm going to scream until I'm sick and report you to matron, you horrid beast.

Love,

Caz
X
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #12
Monty
---- ---

Caz,

I'm sure that's the case however I'm sick and tired of being labelled as something I am not. And I'm not the only one.

I've gone out of my way to help everyone who has approached me best I can, so to be labelled as a negative opressive entity because I disagree and stand my ground is insulting, to me and the field.

I've now called them out on it, again. Provide evidences or shut up.

Monty
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

I'm not even in a minority of one.
Robert Linford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #14
Caroline Brown
Author

That's all right, Robert. I wasn't counting you.

There, how does it feel to be out of the loop?
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #15
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Morris View Post

When it boils down to it, each of us is in a minority of one.

Caz
X
Surely not. There was me thinking the community couldnt get along without my freindly posts and warm chats Jx
Jeff Leahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #16
Cris Malone
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Linford View Post
I'm not even in a minority of one.
My minority is prefixed by a decimal point.
"Objectivity comes from how the evidence is treated, not the nature of the evidence itself. Historians can be just as objective as any scientist."
Cris Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #17
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

Oh crumbs, you're not half the man you used to be, Cris.
Robert Linford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #18
Jennifer Shelden
Researcher

im not sure how it is damaging for one rogue voice to form together with some small group of supporters and repeatedly claim that their is a cabal/clique/cartel, in the sense of to what particularly other than their own credibility (if they had any).

I am not disagreeing. I am just saying that if we are all putting our cards on the table. Its worth saying explicitly

Jenni
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Tom_Wescott
Researcher and Award Winning Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Leahy
I'd meant to draw a difference on advances on suspect based ripperology,
Neal Shelden is responsible for 50% of all advances on suspect research over the last 20 years? Either this is hard proof of a Cartel holding back information, or else you're a f****ng idiot.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Tom_Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #20
Jennifer Shelden
Researcher

He has lots of pen names....