Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Community's Collective Wisdom

The Community's Collective Wisdom "Scotland Yard was really no wiser on the subject than it was 15 years ago.."-F.G.Abberline,1903. The question is...are we ?

Old November 18th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #1
Robinson Laird

Smile Sniffing Up the Wrong Trouser Leg

I am completely new to JTR Forum and I would like to share with everyone on here, my theory about the 1888 murders in Whitechapel.
So far, I think everyone is "sniffing up the wrong trouser leg" to be honest and that very minute, yet VERY important details have been overlooked over the last century and a quarter.
As I have researched the murders, I have found some very remarkable things that have been completely over looked, either because they are considered to be unimportant, or because they simply haven't been seen.
My theory not only is unique, but also puts TWO people into the frame of suspects. When investigating a murder, it is vital to look at ALL the evidence, no matter how small and by doing this I believe that I may have unearthed something quite spectacular.
Robinson Laird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #2
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

Well Robinson, welcome and by all means share your ideas with us.
Robert Linford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Chris G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson Laird View Post
I am completely new to JTR Forum and I would like to share with everyone on here, my theory about the 1888 murders in Whitechapel.
So far, I think everyone is "sniffing up the wrong trouser leg" to be honest and that very minute, yet VERY important details have been overlooked over the last century and a quarter.
As I have researched the murders, I have found some very remarkable things that have been completely over looked, either because they are considered to be unimportant, or because they simply haven't been seen.
My theory not only is unique, but also puts TWO people into the frame of suspects. When investigating a murder, it is vital to look at ALL the evidence, no matter how small and by doing this I believe that I may have unearthed something quite spectacular.
Hi Robinson

With due respect to you, at this point the number of theories that have been suggested as answers to the case is quite extensive. I would be surprised if your ideas have not been touched upon by some theorist in the past but I might be wrong. Why don't you try us out and we'll tell you whether your ideas are new or whether someone else has suggested them in the past?

Chris
For info about RipperCon in Baltimore, MD,
April 7-8, 2018, go to http://rippercon.com/
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Robinson:
I've moved the thread into another section of the site...
Welcome, once again.
Old November 18th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #5
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default discuss

Hello Robinson. Welcome to the boards.

Delighted to hear and discuss your theory.

Cheers.
LC
Lynn Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 05:49 AM   #6
Curryong

Hello Robinson. Welcome from a fellow newbie. I would love to hear your theory.
Curryong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 07:46 AM   #7
Robinson Laird

Default My Theory

"When you have eliminated the impossible, all that remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
These lines were spoken by Conan Doyles Sherlock Holmes. When we read into them, we find that these words are completely logical. There can be no dispute as to what is being said here or in fact what the meaning of the words is.
Kenneth Williams (actor) said "Diaries are written, so one has a record of events and because there are certain events one wants to remember. There is also perhaps an element of the confession."
Not one single scientific experiment on the "Ripper Diary" has proved it to be a fake and so, in the words of Conan Doyle, and in all logic, the diary MUST be genuine.
Now, stay with me. Don't go blowing off steam about the diary being a fake etc, the facts speak for themselves. Afterall, all I am about to do here is prove beyond all reasonable doubt, that a certain person was JTR AND that he had an accomplice. As long as I can prove this, then there would be enough evidence, including the diary to make a conviction stick.
Still with me? Ok, watch this space.
Robinson Laird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #8
Cris Malone
Historian

Don't think so.
Got a real life.
"Objectivity comes from how the evidence is treated, not the nature of the evidence itself. Historians can be just as objective as any scientist."
Cris Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #9
Gary Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson Laird View Post
"When you have eliminated the impossible, all that remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
These lines were spoken by Conan Doyles Sherlock Holmes. When we read into them, we find that these words are completely logical. There can be no dispute as to what is being said here or in fact what the meaning of the words is.
Kenneth Williams (actor) said "Diaries are written, so one has a record of events and because there are certain events one wants to remember. There is also perhaps an element of the confession."
Not one single scientific experiment on the "Ripper Diary" has proved it to be a fake and so, in the words of Conan Doyle, and in all logic, the diary MUST be genuine.
Now, stay with me. Don't go blowing off steam about the diary being a fake etc, the facts speak for themselves. Afterall, all I am about to do here is prove beyond all reasonable doubt, that a certain person was JTR AND that he had an accomplice. As long as I can prove this, then there would be enough evidence, including the diary to make a conviction stick.
Still with me? Ok, watch this space.
Kenneth Williams is more famous for saying , 'Stop muckin' about! '
Gary Barnett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #10
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default reversed onus

Hello Robinson. Thanks for posting that.

No, steam, but a usual procedure is not to prove something false, but to convince one it is true.

But, I assure you, I am ALL attention.

Cheers.
LC
Lynn Cates is offline   Reply With Quote