Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > JTRForums Chat Room

JTRForums Chat Room Easy and accessible way of contacting Forums members...live !

Old March 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #21
Chris G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vila View Post
This week's chat will start in just under two hours.

The proposed topic: Did Jack Write Letters? If so, which ones?

In other words, can any of the letters purportedly from JTR be real? Why do you think specific letters were real, and why do you think that specific letters were hoaxes? Can any of the letters be real? What do you believe and why do you believe it?

OK, folks, start sharpening your metaphorical knives and polishing your debating skills. Come this afternoon, you'll be locked in a cage with your peers and left to battle it out until the final curtain.

Scheduled time is Sunday 3-23-08 at 2:00 PM US Eastern Standard Time / 7:00 PM UK Time.

Here are the details on how to get to the room:

For folks who want to use the quickest way into the chatroom, this is the link to click:

http://www.freejavachat.com/theme.ph...Forums&theme=9

For users of mIRC, Pirch, Chatzilla, Trillian, etc. here is your information:

The server is www.freejavachat.com
The port is 6667
The channel name is #JTRForums

Hope to see you all there this week!

Vila
Hi Vila

Sorry!!! I messed up yesterday and did not tune in. I'd been to see Liverpool get beaten 3-0 by Manchester United on TV at Slainte Irish bar downtown here in Baltimore and, after a few rounds of Guinness etc I dozed off when I got home and forgot the chat. Naughty me. My other excuse is that I am working long hours to meet a work deadline. Will try to do better next week. How did things go?

Chris
April 7-8, 2018, go to http://rippercon.com/[/URL]
2 days of talks & 2 days of tours, April 6 to April 9!
Places still available.
Don't Miss Out on the Only North American
Conference on the Whitechapel Murders
in the 130th Anniversary Year of the Crimes
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #22
Vila
Writer & A Gentleman From The South

No one showed up until I was ready to leave, then within 15 minutes several people popped in. We had a nice talk, just general socializing, for the following hour or so.

And I apologize to Fagins_Girl, who popped into the channel twice whilst I was away from the keyboard momentarily. Perhaps next time?

In any case, I was prompted to start a thread about purely social chatting. It pretty much explains itself.

In other news, I'll be going in to work on night shift this week. I'll be checkig the Forums once I get home in the mornings, so don't be dismayed if I take a bit of time before I reply to any posts here.

Vila
Old April 9th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #23
Vila
Writer & A Gentleman From The South

We're going to need a stand-in moderator for at least the next four weeks of Sunday Chats. I've reached that part of my work schedule wherein I'll be working weekends.

Rotating shift work causes me to miss out on many things that go by a normal clalnder schedule. But then, I'm just glad to be back at work again, so I don't really mind.

Vila