Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > JTRForums Chat Room

JTRForums Chat Room Easy and accessible way of contacting Forums members...live !

Old February 16th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #11
Vila
Writer & A Gentleman From The South

Mike, have you looked at the MicroSoft website? A quick Google netted me this link on microsoft.com:

http://search.microsoft.com/results....US&PageType=99

There are 5 pages of links there, all about ActivX and downloads for different ActiveX thingys.

It looks as if ActivX comes standard with a Windows OS and might even be on your own install disc(s). Did you perhaps run a scan with Ad-Aware or some other spyware detector? If so, you might have been prompted to delete your ActivX and DirectX components. I did that once, myself. It turns out that ActivX and DirectX show up in some anti-spyware scans - Possibly because of the sheer number of programs that they interact with.

Scroll through that link and see if you can find the ActivX download that you need. With 5 pages of links, it ought to be there. Or you could just go to microsoft.com and search for "ActivX download for Windows XP" or whatever OS that you're using.

If you still can't find what you need, I recommend that you download one of the IRC programs. I've been using mIRC (at www.mirc.com) for a dozen or more years, but you can pick any of them that look good to you. I'll be glad to help when you set it up.

Howard? Should I work up a post or web page with screen-shots of the set-up process for different chat things that I have in my computer? It might be too large for a post here on the Forums. It would only take me a few days to make the photos and write some directions.

Vila
Old February 16th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #12
Mike Covell
Former Member

Thanks Vila, I shall have a look shortly, I googled activex recently and found there is a program with the same name which is an anti virus program i belive.

I had it when i was running on bullgaurd, but when i installed my new anti spyware it lost it!

I am running on windows vista which is a pain in the backside.
Mike Covell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM   #13
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Howard? Should I work up a post or web page with screen-shots of the set-up process for different chat things that I have in my computer? It might be too large for a post here on the Forums. It would only take me a few days to make the photos and write some directions.

Dear Dan...

By all means,pardner.

Thanks in advance...........
Old February 16th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #14
Lyn Resthal
Southern Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Brown View Post

Dear Dan...

By all means,pardner.

Thanks in advance...........
But first he needs to get the tables in the yard, that had to be slewn about to get his Tri-Mag into the back, put back.

Thank you for your understanding. Vila will resume other things shortly.
Lyn Resthal is offline   Reply With Quote