Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Upcoming Events In Ripperology

Upcoming Events In Ripperology From books to be released to films, individual projects to Conventions...all events in the near future in the world of Ripper research and of interest to the community.

Old July 19th, 2017, 05:42 AM   #31
String
innocent bystander & former captionmeister

I must watch this out of curiosity, same as the Earhart thing. Do they do the usual stunt of repeating the same sequences throughout the programme as filler?
String is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #32
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

I believe the program is going to veer into the letters next week.

Its now being suggested that Holmes sent the 'Philadelphia' letter in October 1888.
Remember that the letter below was in the possession of the police, not 'an acquaintance'.....and the salutation is 'Honorably Sir'.
Its pretty scary how this series is going.

Letter from Holmes to an acquaintance, mentioning London, and JTR:

"286
October 1888
Philadelphia

(Illegible)

I take great pleasure in giving you my whereabouts for the benefit of the Scotland Yard Boys. I am very sorry that I did not have time to finish my work with the London (Whores?) and report-no- state that I must have them alone for a short while. I am now safe in New York and will travel now to Philadelphia and when I have the lay of the locality I might take a notion to do a little ripping there. Good bye dear friend. I will let you hear from me before long walk a little more Cutting & Ripping I said #0 and I fancy I will make it 40(?) on account of the slight delay in operations.

Yours Lovingly

“JACK”
the ripper"
Old July 19th, 2017, 11:13 PM   #33
Beth Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by String View Post
I must watch this out of curiosity, same as the Earhart thing. Do they do the usual stunt of repeating the same sequences throughout the programme as filler?
They haven't so far, except for throwing in shots of JtR's hands pulling out bloody body parts. They have shown that several times in the second episode. They did have great, albeit too short, interviews with experts on JtR.

Edited to add: They depict Jack attacking Mary Nichols, whom they say was definitely the first Whitechapel murder (Otherwise, the timing would have been off for Holmes to be JtR). They also did the same for the second through the fourth women murdered. In these depictions, I actually laughed, because the prostitutes are dressed in really nice Victorian dresses, with lots of nice pearl jewelry, etc. It was so off in the way they would have dressed. One even had beautiful fitted leather gloves that matched her outfit.

Last edited by Beth Bennett; July 19th, 2017 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Addition to post.
Beth Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote