Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Persons Of Interest or Actual Suspects > The Lodger(s)

The Lodger(s) Discussion of the various "Lodgers" mentioned throughout the study of the Whitechapel Murders.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:12 PM   #21
Paul Kearney A.K.A. NEMO
Theorist & Speculator

Is it coincidental that the coffee stall holder's suspect fitted the description of a man lurking around Lusk's address and asking for his address just prior to Lusk receiving the kidney?
Paul Kearney A.K.A. NEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #22
Caroline Brown
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hainsworth View Post
With Littlechild, in the letter lost to us, Sims was being discreet about 'Dr D' because he assumed that the former would know all about 'Dr Druitt'.
Hi Jonathan,

In Sims's place, if you are right about him knowing Dr D's name and assuming Littlechild knew it too, I think I would have spelled it out - literally - and let my inside knowledge of it sink in with the recipient. After all, whether Sims was on a fishing expedition with his own letter, or merely bragging about having this information, he was presumably looking for some reaction. And naming Druitt (if he knew it - and I'm a poet and don't I know it) would have stood a better chance of getting one - and a stronger one than the lukewarm and presumably unsatisfactory reaction he actually got.

As it is, Sims rather let Littlechild off the hook by allowing him to deny any knowledge of this vague 'Dr D' and supply instead his own Dr T, whose name he clearly had no compunction about spelling out to his correspondent.

Love,

Caz
X