Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Motives and Reasons > 11. Political and/or Ideological

11. Political and/or Ideological “For the JDL leader Meir Kahane and his many fervent followers, any and all measures to further Jewish survival and welfare - including terror, dispossession, and murder - are entirely justified.” - Mark Weber

Old April 5th, 2004, 09:51 PM   #21
David Knott
Former Member

Hi everyone,

Glad to see the site up and running again.

Here is an interesting link that I found to an article that mentions Jacobites, Rosslyn, The Holy Grail, Templars, Masons and Charles Warren...

http://freemasonryinjapan.com/Lecture-Templars.htm

I have been reading up on the Jacobite supporters of the time. As well as wanting to put Princess Maria Theresa, wife of Prince Ludwig of Bavaria on the throne, they demanded home rule for Scotland and supported Irish nationalism, which is interesting bearing in mind what was happening with the Fenians at the time. In fact, they involved themselves with a number of revolutionary movements across Europe, including the campaign to unify Italy (and as we know, D'Onston fought under Garibaldi!)

In one of the books I've been reading, I couldn't help noticing the Seal of the Ordo Templi Orientis (which had close links with the Golden Dawn, Jacobitism and Irish Nationalism) is in the shape of a vesica piscis.

In another one it stated that a representation of the 'juwes' story is carved in stone at Rosslyn chapel!

Every time I look at another book or website I see some connection - I think I'm starting to see things that aren't even there. Joe Barnett probably did it!!

David
Old April 6th, 2004, 05:54 AM   #22
David Knott
Former Member

I've heard of the story of the master mason who went to Rome looking for inspiration only to come back and find that his apprentice had created something better than he could have dreamed of... and so he killed the apprentice by smacking him over the head with a mallet! Presumably this tale is based on the Hiram Abif legend. Does anyone know whether Jubela, Jubelo and Jubelum were really known as the 'Juwes', or is that just something that Stephen Knight made up? If they were, then it would be a definite link with Rosslyn.

David
Old April 6th, 2004, 09:44 AM   #23
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Dave: As usual, very good finds on your end....
Howard Brown is offline   Reply With Quote