Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > JTRForums Chat Room

JTRForums Chat Room Easy and accessible way of contacting Forums members...live !

Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Default URL for Trivia Chat Room

Many thanks to Dan Hollifield for setting up this chatroom,which can be accessed here at this URL

JTR TRIVIA ROOM

Let me know if you CAN'T access it with this URL..
Howard Brown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Default The Trivia Room Url November 26th

JTR TRIVIA CHAT ROOM
Howard Brown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:25 AM   #3
Julie Blake

Smile Evan George Carter

Hi some of you may remember I approached this forum a while back for help0 on tracking information about my Dads murdered cousin Ruby Carter.Well this morning I have had a breakthtough of sorts I am so excited I wanted to share it with you nice helpful people on here.I have discovered Rubys sister is still alive and I have been chatting to her grandchildren on facebook.Thanks for indulging me on you forum good luck ripper hunting
Julie Blake
Julie Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Chris G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Blake View Post
Hi some of you may remember I approached this forum a while back for help0 on tracking information about my Dads murdered cousin Ruby Carter.Well this morning I have had a breakthtough of sorts I am so excited I wanted to share it with you nice helpful people on here.I have discovered Rubys sister is still alive and I have been chatting to her grandchildren on facebook.Thanks for indulging me on you forum good luck ripper hunting
Julie Blake
Congratulations, Julie, on being able to chat via Facebook to the grandchildren of Ruby Carter's sister. Well done. Always nice to make such connections.
For info about RipperCon in Baltimore, MD,
April 7-8, 2018, go to http://rippercon.com/
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 11:57 AM   #5
Julie Blake

Default Evan Carter

As some of you may know as you have been helping me in the past I have for many years been trying to find out about the murder of my Dads' cousin in 1960 and I think in the last week I have reached the end of my journey and answered most of the questions I had been asking for so many years.I have made contact via ancestry.co.uk with the partner of a family member who by chance happens to live very close to where the murder took place.After filling her in on Rubys' story she was able to put me directly in touch with Ruby,s brother who used to visit Ruby and Alan at pear tree cottage when he was a child.My new friend has also managed to locate Rubys' grave for me and Irene Rubys' sister who is 85 and Dennis the brother I mentioned earlier are hoping to go and visit it soon. The Carters' and Rubys' family the Cummings who are also my family have had no contact since the murder and so had no idea where Ruby was buried or what became of Alun who lived with his fathers parents until his marriage in 1992 when he was working as a civil servant so presumably the brain damage was no where near as bad as original predicted.He is still living in the same area and I believe his uncle Dennis is going to make contact soon. Evan Carter remarried in 1970 and had a daughter in 1972 and committed suicide in 1978.His second wife left him before this and took their daughter back to Ireland where she died only last December. The Daughter is now married and seems happy she has a facebook page but I have not contacted her she may know nothing of her fathers past life and I don't want to burst her bubble and what can I say You don't know me but your dad killed my dads cousin.so all in all I have had a very interesting journey made some new friends and contacted previously unknown family members.And learnt a little bit more about jack the Ripper along the way by the way have you solved it yet .Oh silly me of course you have but the only problem is you all have a different suspect lol well happy hunting and I hope you all solve your mystery as I have mine I might even join in to help sometimes now my case is closed x
Julie Blake is offline   Reply With Quote