Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Mysteries Within The Mystery

Mysteries Within The Mystery Forum for researchers to list what they feel are the most uncanny mysteries within the greater mystery....the identity and motive of the Whitechapel Murderer

Old March 29th, 2017, 09:25 AM   #61
Caroline Morris
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Poster View Post
Although I will add.....if he wasnt covered in gore or with some organs in his pocket, then , in an age when being caught red handed was pretty much the only way of being done for killing someone you didnt know, ..... he was home free once her turned the corner/left the square/exited the room.

P
Indeed so, Mr. P. In fact, if any such killer has ever hung around near the scene with bloody knife still on him, urging the next man along to come and inspect his handiwork, he'd have had to be out of his tiny mind.

But I may have said too much...

Love,

Caz
X
Old March 29th, 2017, 10:07 AM   #62
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

You are skating on thin ice, Caz.
Robert Linford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 10:39 AM   #63
Caroline Morris
Author

Don't mention skate, Robert, or we'll have had our chips.

Happy days, eh?
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:13 PM   #64
San Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Morris View Post
But San Fran, the age of the perp, or perps, is and will almost certainly remain a complete unknown!
Assuming for the sake of argument that "what do we know" means "what can we know with a degree of confidence more or less with a margin for error":
If we can't know or don't know anything, why does the FBI profile him as 30-35?

I personally think they got it wrong and actually went against their own methods and/or were given false information.

Here's Open Data Science on SKs which mirrors FBI data:

Quote:
In terms of race and age, victims and their killers are relatively similar. Victims are somewhat more white and less black than their killers and slightly younger than them as well.*
https://opendatascience.com/blog/ins...data-part-one/

So why is MJK the only one younger than the age profile? We don't even know her age. Or do we "know" that? I not sure what I know anymore!
San Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 06:49 AM   #65
Caroline Morris
Author

Hi San Fran,

How would MJK's killer necessarily have known her age when encountering her?

Why would he have cared?

These killers set their own rules, and don't conform to any non-killer's idea of 'profile'. Too many exceptions to every 'rule' to be useful.

Harold Shipman's victims - in their hundreds - were no 'whiter' than him, and mostly a lot older, and he is arguably the most prolific example we have of a motiveless serial taker of human life.

Time to throw out the rule book before it strangles us?

Love,

Caz
X
Old April 13th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #66
San Fran

Harold Shipman's victims had to be old because he had to make it look like it they died of old age. Not exactly mindless. Probably not motiveless either.

Help I'm being choked by the rule book!
Old April 13th, 2017, 07:29 PM   #67
San Fran

Pretty predictable motives are available for Shipman, involving a significant female in this case the mother.
Quote:
An examination of Shipman's life throws up another possible trigger for his crimes. As a 17 year old he watched his mother die a slow and painful death of cancer. On the night of her death he ran miles through the streets of Nottingham in the pouring rain, tears streaming down his face.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/...hipman.health5
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:30 PM   #68
Pat Marshall
Researcher

Quote:
An examination of Shipman's life throws up another possible trigger for his crimes. As a 17 year old he watched his mother die a slow and painful death of cancer. On the night of her death he ran miles through the streets of Nottingham in the pouring rain, tears streaming down his face.
Didnt he get asked to leave a previous position as he had become addicted to some drug possibly morphine or the like. And later he was getting some patients wills changed in his favour too. Sounds like he had a well thought out plan.
Pat....
Pat Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 01:56 AM   #69
San Fran

According to the Telegraph, he was addicted to a morphine-like opiode, Pethidine, Pat. He was forced to resign and sent to a drug rehab.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/4...d-Shipman.html

If drugs are a common ingredient, what drug would an average Joe in Whitechapel have access to? Anything besides alcohol?
Old Today, 05:38 PM   #70
Ralph Petroff

I'm sorry, I didn't have an awful lot of time recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wood View Post
Hi San Fran,

Okay, I'll play along.

What do we know for a fact about Jack the Ripper?

Regards,

Simon
Hi Simon!

Well, this is exactly my point: I noticed that many of the theories developed about the Ripper are based on whether someone is prepared to believe this or that assumption. So in the end it is largely about believing. I mean, we can't even say how many women were killed by the Ripper. So I wanted to compile all the little knowledge we really have about "Jack".

However, I agree that geographical profiling can't be considered knowledge. Though in my opinion it is extremely likely that the perpetrator was a local man, this is no definite knowledge.
Ralph Petroff is online now   Reply With Quote