Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Victims > Other Possible Victims

Old November 1st, 2011, 11:52 AM   #21
Tom_Wescott
Researcher and Award Winning Author

Hi Stan. How similar was the Paris torso case to the London cases of 88 and 89?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Tom_Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 12:49 PM   #22
Stan Reid
Burden to society

Hi Tom:

According to the report, head, legs and one arm were missing. I'm just going by the older edition of the A-Z. It sounds quite like Whitehall and Pinchin to me.

Stan
Stan Reid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 09:27 PM   #23
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Bump Up

Noticed a few folks checking A.P.'s old thread out...and it is a good one.
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:42 AM   #24
Pipeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Wolf View Post
I remember years ago having a long and protracted discussion - it went on for about a year - on an internet site with an American gentleman named Burgho, who was I must say an absolute genuis when it comes to the discussion and dissection of serial killers... and that discussion was the Cleveland Torso murders. The conclusion we both reached at that time was that the killer was most likely a closet homosexual.
As some of you might know I have often speculated that the majority of men who kill women are in fact repressed and supressed homosexuals; and when it comes to Torso killings (that have no basis in failed abortions) then I'm even more convinced that we could be looking at the misguided and chaotic energy of men confused by their sexual identity.
AP I was reading some of the discussion you mentioned with Burgho about the Mad Butcher on the casebook archive. He seems to be knowledgable about the case and on Merylo. http://www.casebook.org/forum/messages/4927/10741.html
He mentions a chicken farmer in this thread. You should invite him here
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 12:23 PM   #25
Anna Morris

Do torsos tell a tale? Were there more "torso killings" before people had cars? Can we figure disposal needs into remains becoming torsos?

Of course dismemberment killings still happen and we might argue that the last horrific part of the Black Dahlia murder was BECAUSE someone had a car.

But even today, some parts of the world depend on cars more than others. People in New York City tend not to own cars. I do not believe car ownership is as strong in Europe as it is in the U.S.

That said, I live in the west. Miles and miles of beautiful roads and freeways with not much between cities. Most of us have a car or two or three. There have been dismemberment murders in the west but I think maybe less than the notorious sprees such as Cleveland, Victorian London, etc.
Old October 10th, 2017, 05:24 PM   #26
Sean Crundall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Morris View Post
Do torsos tell a tale? Were there more "torso killings" before people had cars? Can we figure disposal needs into remains becoming torsos?

Of course dismemberment killings still happen and we might argue that the last horrific part of the Black Dahlia murder was BECAUSE someone had a car.

But even today, some parts of the world depend on cars more than others. People in New York City tend not to own cars. I do not believe car ownership is as strong in Europe as it is in the U.S.

That said, I live in the west. Miles and miles of beautiful roads and freeways with not much between cities. Most of us have a car or two or three. There have been dismemberment murders in the west but I think maybe less than the notorious sprees such as Cleveland, Victorian London, etc.
Hi Anna,

Very interesting points.

Attempting to determine whether or not torso murders were more prevalent before the advent of motor vehicles is difficult, but perhaps not impossible to discover.

I would imagine that most criminals would want to distance themselves from the scene of their crime(s), but of course this isn't always the case.

The creation of motor vehicles, followed by motorways and freeways, has enabled criminals to distance themselves from their crimes, although we can't accurately determine how far a murderer may have been prepared to travel, say, using a horse and cart, or indeed a motor vehicle, to dispose of his victim's remains.

I think "disposal needs" were paramount, especially in the days before the widespread use of motor vehicles. Dismemberment could have been a feature of the killer's pathology, rather than an act carried out to facilitate transportation of his victim's remains.

My regards,

Sean.
Sean Crundall is offline   Reply With Quote