Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > On The Front Burner

On The Front Burner News & Events which are of importance to the modern Ripper researcher.

Old May 8th, 2017, 06:22 PM   #231
Gary Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
The history of a photo has little significance of whether or not it's eyecatching to someone scrolling through thumbnail images on Amazon.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
That says it all.
Gary Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #232
Tom_Wescott
Researcher and Award Winning Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Barnett View Post
That says it all.
Please, do tell us what 'it all' is, Gary. What has my desire for an eye-catching cover taught you.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Tom_Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 09:35 PM   #233
Gary Barnett

Quote:
Please, do tell us what 'it all' is, Gary. What has my desire for an eye-catching cover taught you.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Did it not occur to you to look for a more 'authentic' image that would both appeal to your wider customer base and not send weirdos like me into paroxysms of laughter? Too much like hard work? Outside your sphere of reference? It would probably have been slightly more arduous than spending half an hour (if it even took that long) checking the geographical material in the book, I suppose.

And before you counter with, 'The geographical stuff is boring - it's my groundbreaking Ripper insights that matter.', I should point out that the error-strewn walk-through was lifted from what was essentially a topographical essay - one which you were proud to announce in your latest masterpiece had received approbation at the highest level.

And please don't tell me that someone else chose the image for you - some shadowy individual who has noted my comments but hasn't responded.
Old May 8th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #234
Tom_Wescott
Researcher and Award Winning Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Barnett View Post
Did it not occur to you to look for a more 'authentic' image that would both appeal to your wider customer base and not send weirdos like me into paroxysms of laughter? Too much like hard work? Outside your sphere of reference? It would probably have been slightly more arduous than spending half an hour (if it even took that long) checking the geographical material in the book, I suppose.

And before you counter with, 'The geographical stuff is boring - it's my groundbreaking Ripper insights that matter.', I should point out that the error-strewn walk-through was lifted from what was essentially a topographical essay - one which you were proud to announce in your latest masterpiece had received approbation at the highest level.

And please don't tell me that someone else chose the image for you - some shadowy individual who has noted my comments but hasn't responded.
Whoa. Wow.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Tom_Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 11:39 PM   #235
Gary Barnett

Quote:
Whoa. Wow.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Blimey - if you'd displayed such eloquence in your literary efforts, I might not have had such a low opinion of them.

Never mind, better late than never.

Having just scraped through on form, you're content exam consists of just one question:

What happened to all the suicides?