Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Board Announcements > Holiday and Other Announcements

Holiday and Other Announcements Forum for well-wishes for events other than birthdays

Old April 5th, 2016, 10:50 AM   #21
Chris G.
Editor,Ripperologist Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Linford View Post
Hi Caz

I hope you manage to dodge it. One thing : I knew an old boy who had it, and he had to watch how much tea he drank, because he was on a restricted liquid intake. That presumably meant liquid of any kind, Caz.
Luckily I don't have Meniere's disease and am sorry to hear Chris had it and that you may have it, Caz. I hope you don't and if you do that it is only a mild form. My auntie in Liverpool has the condition, although I believe she has it controlled with medication. Good luck.

Given that I don't have Meniere's disease I can safely drink to Chris's memory. May he rest in peace.

Best regards

Chris
http://www.ripperologist.biz
http://blog.casebook.org/chrisgeorge
For info about RipperCon, in Baltimore, MD,
April 8-10, 2016, go to http://rippercon.com/
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 07:23 AM   #22
Caroline Morris
Author

Thanks Robert and Chris. I can't drink while taking the tablets, but on the bright side, when I'm having an attack and need them, the very last thing I want is alcohol. They think too much caffeine or salt may make attacks worse, but I can't give up my morning coffee.

Oddly, just over a year ago I was in hospital for an unrelated condition and I think the buggers must have given me a taste bud transplant, because literally overnight (after several hours permanently lost to amnesia) I changed from lifelong tea drinker to coffee drinker, for no apparent reason. I had a brain scan (obviously this was a seriously worrying development after so many years addicted to the teabags and not liking coffee much) but I'm apparently still me and not someone else.

[That's quite enough - Ed.]

R.I.P Chris

Love,

Caz
X
Old April 16th, 2016, 02:28 AM   #23
Belinda
Former Caption Czarina

It was an honour to have spoken with him. A very brave man and dedicated researcher. I have his book on Mary Kelly
Caz so sorry I hope everything turns out the best for you
Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 12:03 PM   #24
Anna Morris

Caz: Ask your doctor about piracetam. It's not a prescription drug in UK or Europe. (Here you have to have doctor's permission to order it from the factory, because college kids use it to study.) It increases blood flow to the brain and head areas.

One of my husbands had fairly severe vertigo and piracetam helped a lot. I had ordered it, hoping it would help with severe, chronic migraine. Since migraine has something to do with swollen blood vessels at some point in the cycle, I thought my head was going to explode when I took it. Considering that, I thought it might help my husband, and it did. Vertigo can have to do with reduced blood flow to parts of the head, like the ears.

A quick way to research the drug is Wikipedia which is pretty accurate on drugs.
Old April 25th, 2016, 11:32 AM   #25
Caroline Morris
Author

Thank you, Belinda and Anna, and apologies for the delay in responding.

I'm hoping I just had a nasty viral infection of the middle ear (which was initially suspected), as I have had no severe dizzy spells in recent days, and my brain seems to have learned what to expect and now adjusts itself fairly quickly to minor episodes. I know that with Meniere's the attacks do come and go and can vary in severity, while the periods of (blissful) relief in between can last for several months, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Love,

Caz
X
Old April 25th, 2016, 12:15 PM   #26
Joan Tortorello
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Morris View Post
Caz: Ask your doctor about piracetam. It's not a prescription drug in UK or Europe. (Here you have to have doctor's permission to order it from the factory, because college kids use it to study.) It increases blood flow to the brain and head areas.

One of my husbands had fairly severe vertigo and piracetam helped a lot. I had ordered it, hoping it would help with severe, chronic migraine. Since migraine has something to do with swollen blood vessels at some point in the cycle, I thought my head was going to explode when I took it. Considering that, I thought it might help my husband, and it did. Vertigo can have to do with reduced blood flow to parts of the head, like the ears.

A quick way to research the drug is Wikipedia which is pretty accurate on drugs.
Anna,

Thank you! My Dad suffers from vertigo, so as soon as I saw your post, I called him and encouraged him to talk to his doc about it. He goes Friday and he will do so. It breaks my heart to see him suffering with it. I don't know if he will be able to take it. He takes a ton of other stuff too, but thanks for the information.

Joan
Joan Tortorello is offline   Reply With Quote