Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Board Announcements > Holiday and Other Announcements

Holiday and Other Announcements Forum for well-wishes for events other than birthdays

Old September 4th, 2016, 11:21 AM   #1
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Default 11th Anniversary Of JTRForums 09/19/2016

In two weeks, we will mark the eleventh anniversary of JTR Forums....we began on September 19, 2005.

During this past year, I think we've all been fortunate to see the contributions of new ( to these boards ) researchers which have augmented the site. I'd like to thank them for their efforts as I am sure you also appreciate the work. Folks like Gary Barnett, Kattrup, Jerry Dunlop, etc....have bolstered the site considerably and add to the stellar work long time researchers ( I didn't say 'old researchers') such as Debra Arif have produced for the last decade.

In this upcoming year, I'm positive that the boards, having been upgraded along with the addition of the Archive found at the bottom right hand side of any page, will be at least as easy to access and safer than ever before. Thanks to some generous benefactors, upgrades and immediate fixes will be within my grasp at a vastly speedier rate. I have taken over the job of administrating the boards, so all and any questions related to the technical side of JTRForums should be addressed to me.

During the upcoming year, I will also be removing, but saving, threads from some sections which are not wholly Ripper/WM related. No research or Individual Forums pages will be touched. I want to free up some bandwidth which I should have done earlier. In short, there won't be anything missing which other researchers may need or be looking for.

I will continue to post material from outside Ripper and/or Crime related sources on their own unique threads. Recognizing that life exists outside of the Forums, I think it only enhances your passion for this field to see what others are doing and on a regular basis. You'll continue to see Modern Ripperology links as well as Contemporary Ripperology (material from 1888 up until the Centenary) data, With the purchase and access to expanded newspaper archives, I'll be able to continue posting relevant and peripheral articles on a daily basis.

I'd promised to add to the Forums Encyclopedia ( entries featuring newspaper articles related to Case figures or things), the chronological, day by day references to the name or crimes themselves in the Autumn Of Terror section, and the 5 Questions Forum.....but failed to do so. I will be getting on to those things this year.

As far as site exposure goes, one thing which might increase the number of interested novices and long time aficionados is word of mouth. Anyone you can think of who may enhance or enjoy JTRForums could be contacted if you have someone in mind.

So, here's to another year of The Forums

How
Old September 4th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #2
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

If you have suggestions which may improve the site, please share or contact me privately.

If there are some things in need of corrrrrrrrecting, let me know them too.
Old September 4th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #3
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

Good heavens, it seems like only yesterday that How tricked me into - I mean, invited me to join the Forums. Since then, they've gone from strength to strength. So congratulations and thank you to How, Nina and all the team.
Robert Linford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #4
String
innocent bystander & former captionmeister

Well done Howard onward and upward!
BTW disregard any of those rumours of an imminent coup.
String is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2016, 02:03 PM   #5
Gary Barnett

Congratulations, How, Nina and all who have contributed to the success of the site.
Gary Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:20 PM   #6
Adam Went
Researcher

Happy anniversary, JTR Forums! Many more to come!

Cheers,
Adam.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 07:04 AM   #7
Cris Malone
Historian

Happy anniversary to the best internet forums around.
"Objectivity comes from how the evidence is treated, not the nature of the evidence itself. Historians can be just as objective as any scientist."
Cris Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 08:51 AM   #8
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default cograts

Hello Howard. Congrats.

Cheers.
LC
Lynn Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 12:38 PM   #9
Jerry Dunlop
Information Extractor

Congratulations Howard and Nina! Thanks for all you do to operate such a great site.
Jerry Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:21 PM   #10
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

One final thanks to all those who have contributed to JTR Forums over the past 11 years. Numerous finds generously shared by Forums members which have appeared here during that time have improved upon the history of the Whitechapel Murders...which I believe is a noble goal.

Here's to Year 12 !