Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > JTRForums Competition Forum > The One On One

The One On One Debating forum...

Old February 10th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #21
Natalie Severn
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Thanks Natalie. Maybe you are right about A.P., and I did carefully consider your interpretation myself, but, as I've written, a gentle warning about how these disgusting sites use of my words and those of Robert House and others, without any permission, did not take a succession of posts or statements such as 'Perhaps Paul could tell us who shares his extremist views...'

Anyway, whilst I have no particular interest in discussing things with A.P. anymore, I am interested in hearing other opinions about Anderson which can, I hope, perhaps lead us to a better understanding of the man.
Thanks Paul and the more points of view the better.
A final point . Anderson was committed to the Unionist cause so I reckon he gave Catholics and Catholisism short shrift!
Cheers Paul,
Natalie
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #22
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie Severn View Post
A final point . Anderson was committed to the Unionist cause so I reckon he gave Catholics and Catholisism short shrift!
Indeed he might have done and political and religious extremists have, do and will no doubt continue to resort to terrorism and start wars. But not everyone who holds strong political or religious views is such an extremist. In fact, very few are, so having strong convictions doesn't mean that you would be predisposed to think they were likely to commit a crime, or would feed the delusions of the mentally ill, or would kill those you with whom you disagree.

So even if Anderson was strongly anti-Catholic, that doesn't mean he'd have fed the delusions of Supt. Cutbush. That is pure fantasy and without considerable supporting evidence has about as much place in a serious assessment of Anderson's personality as the philosophy of a Hobbit.

That Anderson was a devout Protestant if, of course, a factor in his personality. That it led him to do bizarre things is not - at least, it isn't until we have supporting evidence.

Cheers
Paul
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #23
Adam Went
Researcher

We've witnessed classic Russo again today!
If you can't win an argument, throw a tantrum and leave....my housemate's 6 year old nephew is more mature than that.

Cheers,
Adam.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote