Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Water Cooler

The Water Cooler Forum for political discussions, op-eds, religion, and such

Old September 30th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #1
String
innocent bystander & former captionmeister

Default It's going to be okay

The Tories have it sorted folks we are going to be fine.
Never mind the thousands of military, police, civil servants and young people now or are going to be on the dole.
Never mind the country is stagnating, never mind the health service is going to the wall again, never mind Europe is going down the toilet.
The Tories have the answer! They are bringing back the weekly bin collection. That's what I call decisive Government.
Whoopty F*****G doo.
String is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #2
String

Old November 29th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #3
Chris Scott
Author & Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by String View Post
The Tories have it sorted folks we are going to be fine.
Never mind the thousands of military, police, civil servants and young people now or are going to be on the dole.
Never mind the country is stagnating, never mind the health service is going to the wall again, never mind Europe is going down the toilet.
The Tories have the answer! They are bringing back the weekly bin collection. That's what I call decisive Government.
Whoopty F*****G doo.

Never mind the last hopeless and profligate Labour goverment that got us into this shit in the first place! They walk away smelling of violets - at least that's what they hope, if we have terminally short memories.
The odious Ed Balls carps from the sidelines like a castrated pit bull terrier when he was in the Government that sold us down the Swanee!!
Chris Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #4
String

Old December 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Chris G.
Editor,Ripperologist Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by String View Post
Mussolini got the trains running on time. Or so they say.
http://www.ripperologist.biz
http://blog.casebook.org/chrisgeorge
For info about RipperCon, in Baltimore, MD,
April 8-10, 2016, go to http://rippercon.com/
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Bob Hinton
Author

Default What's Important

What String doesn't realise is the vast majority of people aren't a bit concerned by all the grand schemes over which they have absolutely no control - they just want their lives to be easier, and having weekly bin collections actually does that.

We want our politicians to concentrate on us and stop running around the world saving the universe - just stay home and look after us.
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #7
Chris G.
Editor,Ripperologist Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hinton View Post
What String doesn't realise is the vast majority of people aren't a bit concerned by all the grand schemes over which they have absolutely no control - they just want their lives to be easier, and having weekly bin collections actually does that.

We want our politicians to concentrate on us and stop running around the world saving the universe - just stay home and look after us.
Hi Bob

That's certainly a complaint of the voters here in the United States. Those of us who care about the direction of this country are concerned that the U.S. still sees itself as "policeman of the world" and is stuck in now outmoded situations. Such as continuing to keep massive amounts of troops in Germany and South Korea. And giving massive amounts of aid, both military and economic, to numerous other countries across the globe while our own economy is struggling, and families are suffering. I recently read that although the U.S. is in hock to Red China we continue to give millions dollars of aid to China!!!!

Best regards

Chris
http://www.ripperologist.biz
http://blog.casebook.org/chrisgeorge
For info about RipperCon, in Baltimore, MD,
April 8-10, 2016, go to http://rippercon.com/
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #8
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

I think the UK too still gives aid to China. And to India. On one occasion a few years ago, when we tried to mediate on the latest India/Pakistan squabble, one of the top Indian politicians told us that they didn't need help from a third rate country.
Robert Linford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #9
String

Hmm I agree about the idea of making things easier but in a wider sense I think people are more concerned about their future. The fact that around 710,000 public sector workers are due to loose their jobs, pay is frozen or falling due to inflation for lots of people concerns me and a lot of others, bins on the other hand are of very little consequence.

Actually we went to fortnightly bins a couple of years ago and whilst I bitched like everyone else about it it has worked out ok. We do a lot of recycling now that we wouldn't have bothered doing because we have to now. Better in the long run.
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #10
String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Linford View Post
I think the UK too still gives aid to China. And to India. On one occasion a few years ago, when we tried to mediate on the latest India/Pakistan squabble, one of the top Indian politicians told us that they didn't need help from a third rate country.
Every time you see a sign saying built using European regional fund or the likes, that's aid for the UK coming from Europe.