Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > JTRForums Weekly Quiz

JTRForums Weekly Quiz No one is more trivial than the Proprietor.

Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:09 AM   #11
Adam Went
Researcher

Everyone:

The competition has now closed.
Unfortunately, despite the extension of time, the only person who participated in this week's competition (that is, apart from people who commented on spelling errors and technicalities) was Howard...therefore, How Brown is the winner of this week's competition! Congrats How!

I'm going to hope that this week's comp just wasn't everyone's cup of tea, because I'd hate to think an enthusiastic bunch like Ripperologists couldn't be bothered participating in things, so I'm going to post up the next weekly competition tomorrow.
The topic will be... At The Movies. Everyone loves movies, right?

Cheers,
Adam.

P.S. How: The "project" is now on my computer and about to be on its way to you...check your inbox first thing tomorrow morning.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 04:21 PM   #12
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Okay Adam...

It should be a useful tool for everyone as far as research....and for memory purposes...

I think people will appreciate it.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 04:32 PM   #13
Magpie
Researcher

Hi Adam.

I thought your quiz was excellent.

On the other hand, Howard got all the answers right off the bat, so I didn't see the purpose of repeating the same answers.

I'm looking forward to the next one though
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:21 AM   #14
Maria Birchwood
Former Member

Adam and How:

The bit about the Romanovs is wrong. We were in St. Petersburg in May and visited the Peter and Paul Cathedral where their remains now rest after having been dug up and we were told there, that the latest finding was that there was no trace of the older third daughter Marie, in the shallow grave where the family was shot and also no trace of the Tsarevitch, the little boy and only son of the Tsar of Russia either.

The mystery surrounding their deaths still remains that, a mystery... the rumour over the years has been that Anastasia survived but now the evidence or rather lack of any trace of the Grand Duchess Marie remains does suggest it might have been her who probably escaped, as well as her brother. Its a fascinating tale of mystery.

-Maria
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:45 AM   #15
jmenges
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Birchwood
the evidence or rather lack of any trace of the Grand Duchess Marie remains does suggest it might have been her who probably escaped, as well as her brother. Its a fascinating tale of mystery.

-Maria
I hope you mean if any indeed escaped, it would have been Marie and/or the Tsarevich, since their bodies have not yet been found. Everything I've read about the murder of the Romanov's suggests the extreme likelyhood that all were killed, and according to eyewitness reports, two bodies (one definitely the Tsarevich) were burned at another location and thrown down a shaft.

JM