Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Board Announcements > Assorted Congratulations

Assorted Congratulations Forum for plaudits and kudos for all occasions

Old October 25th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Default Hoaxbuster : Jennifer Shelden

Jenni....

It can't be stated enough....how well you took apart the latest hoax concocted by the nameless and loathsome toad ( now toads...) who foisted the Uncle Jack LIE upon the media....and Ripperology.

Well Done Jenni !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick link to the Complete A to Z on Amazon below
Search function in operation.

http://www.amazon.com/reader/1844547...der_1844547973
Howard Brown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Tom_Wescott
Researcher and Award Winning Author

I want to chime in here. I think all of us guessed there was something fishy about 'The First Victim', but suspecting something and proving it are quite different matters. I was thoroughly impressed with two aspects of Jenni's work:

1) The depth and breadth of her research. Her collection of 'pieces' and her assembly of those pieces into a string of evidence that proved conclusive.

2) Her presentation. It must be noted how Jenni has grown as a writer over the years. This piece was so exquisitely written it might just as well have been composed by a Harvard grad.

I'm supposed to be working right now and just wanted to take a quick peep at Jenni's piece, but the narrative was so strong I read it straight through. Best thing she's ever written and a great job.

I think what's so surprising is that Tony Williams could think he was clever enough to get away with this after his first go around with Jenni. Did he think she wouldn't look into it? Really? And it appears he's now orchestrating a ruse on Amazon to discredit Jenni's work. How sad. Saddest of all is how a man would pull his own children into such deceit. I'm sure that hit home with Howard while reading this and anyone else who has daughters.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Tom_Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

I think what's so surprising is that Tony Williams could think he was clever enough to get away with this after his first go around with Jenni. Did he think she wouldn't look into it? Really? And it appears he's now orchestrating a ruse on Amazon to discredit Jenni's work. How sad. Saddest of all is how a man would pull his own children into such deceit. I'm sure that hit home with Howard while reading this and anyone else who has daughters.
--Tom Wescott--
Yes I did Tom !
Yet the daughter is 25 and should be waaaaay beyond the age of having Daddy Tony do her thinking for her.

Quick link to the Complete A to Z on Amazon below
Search function in operation.

http://www.amazon.com/reader/1844547...der_1844547973
Howard Brown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Cris Malone
Historian

Excellent, Jenni, Simply excellent!
This is Ripperology at its finest... as only someone with a well rounded understanding of the subject can do.

I hope this gains some traction and helps put these charlatans on notice that REAL Ripperologists are putting everyone on notice who tries to play this game and get away with it.
"Objectivity comes from how the evidence is treated, not the nature of the evidence itself. Historians can be just as objective as any scientist."
Cris Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #5
Bob Hinton
Author

Default Crap

I must have missed this as I was away. Can anyone tell me where it is?
PS Jenni you look totally cool - I would suggest you call yourself Jenni Bond but I believe that has been taken.
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #6
Paul Kearney A.K.A. NEMO
Theorist & Speculator

It's in the latest (No. 134) issue of Ripperologist Bob
Paul Kearney A.K.A. NEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #7
Bob Hinton
Author

Default Timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
It's in the latest (No. 134) issue of Ripperologist Bob
Your email and Issue 134 arrived at the same time. I've got a great idea. You remember Calendar Girls? Well who would buy a calendar with all our lady Ripperologists on it? Put me down for 10!
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #8
Bob Hinton
Author

Default Jennis' article

I've just finished reading it and I must admit I would not recommend any author or prospective author doing the same - because quite frankly if that's the standard we all have to reach - we ain't got a hope in hell! Might as well give up now chaps, it's certainly put me off writing anymore! Away me to a monastery!

What can one say about such a brilliant piece of writing? This is how it should be done, and it has certainly set the bar very, very high.

I’m now going to practice my chants.

‘We are not worthy, we are not worthy’

Congratulations Jenni.
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #9
Monty
Author, Researcher, God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Malone View Post
Excellent, Jenni, Simply excellent!
This is Ripperology at its finest... as only someone with a well rounded understanding of the subject can do.

I hope this gains some traction and helps put these charlatans on notice that REAL Ripperologists are putting everyone on notice who tries to play this game and get away with it.
Absolutely.

A fine, fine piece.

Monty

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Co-Author of Sir Howard Vincent's Police Code 1889

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Howard-Vince.../dp/0993180604
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #10
Tom_Wescott
Researcher and Award Winning Author

I like how Paul's review of the book was so short. I'm certain this had nothing to do with his health; he simply didn't think it deserved any more words than absolutely necessary. But he brought up a GREAT point...why did John Blake accept this work? They must have AT LEAST suspected it was a ruse, and the evidence as represented by Blake is not substantiated by the book itself (or so I'm told...I was spared the cost of this book by vigilant forums posters). John Blake was once respected as a publisher of Ripper and true crime books, but stunts like this will quickly end that. From what I understand, Hands of a Woman sold quite well, and it sounds as though it's part of the ruse.

I'm glad to hear Jenni is writing a biography of Sir John which hopefully will outlive these books proclaiming this good man as the Ripper.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Tom_Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote