Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Board Announcements > In Memoriam > Paul Kearney

Old February 24th, 2014, 05:27 AM   #11
Monty
Author, Researcher, God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Brown View Post
That's a good one, Neil....thanks for that !

Jasmaine asked if there was a way to get her hands on the presentation Paul made at the Conference.
Can we make that top priority to acheive that for her and the family ?
How, I don't think it was a presentation, more a showing of his CGI work on Millers court, which I believe he took with him back home.

I also do not recall any filming at York, just photography.

Ricky Cobb, Adam and Andrew Firth may know more than I on the matter. I shall have a dig around and see if Paul is in any of my Conf photos.

Neil

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Co-Author of Sir Howard Vincent's Police Code 1889

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Howard-Vince.../dp/0993180604
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #12
Monty
Author, Researcher, God.

One of Andrews photos I think,

Paul, sitting behind Trevor Bond (who is next to Jon), next to Katja, on the open top bus tour at the York conference 2012.

Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 384497_10151020889661157_920615409_n.jpg (54.0 KB, 98 views)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Co-Author of Sir Howard Vincent's Police Code 1889

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Howard-Vince.../dp/0993180604
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:42 AM   #13
Adam Wood
Editor,Ripperologist Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
How, I don't think it was a presentation, more a showing of his CGI work on Millers court, which I believe he took with him back home.

I also do not recall any filming at York, just photography.

Ricky Cobb, Adam and Andrew Firth may know more than I on the matter. I shall have a dig around and see if Paul is in any of my Conf photos.

Neil

Neil is correct. It just goes to show how important it is to record events for posterity.

Adam

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle
Adam Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:44 AM   #14
Caroline Morris
Author

Such sad news. I just hope it was as painless for Paul as it was sudden, and my thoughts are with his family.

I'm cross with myself because I don't think I met Paul at the Wolverhampton conference (or at least if I did, I did not appreciate he was Nemo) and I was not able to go to York or the most recent London conference.

I always enjoyed Nemo's posts, which were informative and showed an open mind. I found his observations regarding the ripper correspondence of particular interest and I will miss his input enormously.

Love,

Caz
X
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #15
Debra Arif
Sausage brain

This is such sad news. I never met Paul but shared many research interests with him, particularly William Grant Grainger. Paul would excitedly and generously email me with any new information he got on Grainger during his research at Cork workhouse and I was so looking forward to the article he was going to write..

I will miss him for sure. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Wasn't Paul filmed at the Cardiff job if I remember correctly when he stood in for someone at one of the round table talks?
Debra Arif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #16
Jennifer Shelden
Researcher

http://vimeo.com/26832381

Cardiff video

I am so shocked to hear this sad news. Paul was a genuine lovely person. I remember seeing him at the check in desk at York and he stood chatting to us for a while. He remembered whatever our latest research at that time was. Later on we chatted in the bar for quite some considerable time. He was always very willing to see alternative viewpoints to his own and never let on if he thought you were bonkers by quite putting it like that.

I remember at Cardiff he kindly stood in for Bob Hinton on the panel (link above) at the last moment because Bob was unable to stay due to unforseen circumstances. I thought he was excellent! He was most nervevous and we had to talk him into it (we were sat at the same dinner table as him). Not a big head at all.

One of the few Ripperologists i would be hard pressed to think of a single bad word to say about.

He was very friendly with Stephen Thomas (Woodhead) and I dont know if Stephen might have a copy of anything from the Miller's Court 3danimation that was shown at York

Jenni
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #17
Neal Shelden
Researcher & Author

Myself and Jen are very saddened to hear of the death of Paul, he was such a nice guy and great to have a chat with at the Ripper conferences and meetings.
I know that I was largely responsible for encouraging him to be part of the talk at the Cardiff Job in 2011 because I knew that he had so many good things to say. He favoured Grainger as a suspect but knew a great deal about the case as a whole.
And yes he was the smartest dressed guy at the conferences, such a sad loss at such a young age.
Neal Shelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Jon Simons
This message has been deleted by Jon Simons.
Old February 24th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #18
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default sorry

Hello Howard. Just read this. Shocking. So sorry to hear.

Cheers.
LC
Lynn Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #19
Chris G.
Editor,Ripperologist Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Brown View Post
A message I received this morning....

Hi Howard,

I'm not sure if I'm sending this to the appropriate person but hopefully you can help me.

Paul Kearney who uses the username Nemo on your JTR forum, passed away suddenly on Saturday 22nd February. All of Paul's close friends and family knew his interest in Ripperology, the forum friends and the meetings were something he greatly enjoyed, so only though it would be fitting to let you all know. I was hoping you can pass this message on through your forum, to make everyone aware.

During the last meeting Paul attended, which was November last year, I believe he gave a talk (or something like) which may have been recorded? I would like to get a copy of the footage, if at all possible. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes
Jasmaine Kearney (Paul's Wife)
Hello all

This is indeed shocking news. The Ripper community has lost a wonderful guy and a great contributor to the boards. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Paul (Nemo) in person, our interchanges were never less than cordial and mutually informative. RIP Nemo.

Best regards

Chris
http://www.ripperologist.biz
http://blog.casebook.org/chrisgeorge
For info about RipperCon, in Baltimore, MD,
April 8-10, 2016, go to http://rippercon.com/
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:36 AM   #20
SirRobertAnderson
Researcher

What terribly sad news. Nemo was one of the nicest people in Ripperlogy and it is a blow to the community as well of course for his loved ones.

R.I.P. Paul.
SirRobertAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote