Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Feedback Forum > Complaint Department

Complaint Department Don't worry. We have fewer feelings than you think....so fire away.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:50 PM   #21
admin tim

Arrow Chris P and All:

I'll have to look through the <extensive> VBulletin documentation to ascertain if there are any solutions to these problems. I sure don't see any menu options that will help. These are all probably examples of the bugs to be found within this version.

What I meant earlier was that if there seems to be a difference between the "Today's Posts" display, depending on whether you are logged in or not, then it may not just be a simple matter of showing all posts from that time backwards 24 hours. I have looked and cannot locate how this function is defined. There must be a reason why the displays are different, so I will keep looking. But, as Chris says, once you know what to do, maybe it won't really be a problem.

Thanks for the comments and even more for your patience.
admin tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #22
Debbie D
Former Member

Talking Avatars

Here's another issue. Whenever I change my avatar, it always comes out distorted and I have to ask for Tim or How to fix it. I know it's something I'm doing and it's not a big deal, but still it's annoying. Drat!

I'm getting a new German Shepherd show puppy at the end of May and I'll need to change my avatar so everyone can see the new little boogar.

Can you tell I'm excited?
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #23
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Debbie:

That "distortion" also has happened to me as well...

In your case,dear...it could be that someone ( ME ) is tampering with your settings as a payback for stuff. You never know.

Congrats on the new puppy....and be prepared for Carmine taking a chunk o' flesh outta you for making him number two. I emailed him and hipped him on what you did. He's over at Debbie'sAFink@Purina.com

Seriously,let me know if it happens again to you. It does do that with me as well,Debbie.
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #24
admin tim

Default Avatar Rules

Avatars distort when you exceed the size limitations, which are now set at a hefty 175 x 175 pixels. Most other sites with avatars limit you to 60 x 60 or so.

So long as you don't get greedy, all should be well.
admin tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #25
Debbie D
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Brown
Debbie:

That "distortion" also has happened to me as well...

In your case,dear...it could be that someone ( ME ) is tampering with your settings as a payback for stuff. You never know.

Congrats on the new puppy....and be prepared for Carmine taking a chunk o' flesh outta you for making him number two. I emailed him and hipped him on what you did. He's over at Debbie'sAFink@Purina.com

Seriously,let me know if it happens again to you. It does do that with me as well,Debbie.
For your information How, Carmine is very happy to have his nephew coming to live with us. This pup is from one of Carm's sisters.

And Carmine also told me he saw you perusing the "Hot violins in the buff" website. Shame shame... as if you don't get enough of the violins here. (how><me)

I would change it more often but I don't like bugging anyone over avatars
Old April 25th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #26
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Looks like I gotta add Carmine to my "hit list",Debbie. He's got a big yap too. I wonder what else he's been saying.

Can't trust these Germans...or shepherds,for that matter.
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM   #27
Chris Phillips
Former Member

Do you have any control over how soon users are logged out through inactivity?

I find that the time taken to write even a medium-sized post is long enough to be logged out. Then when I try to log back in, I see an "Invalid Thread specified" error message (I suspect this may be browser-related; I use Firefox).

Chris Phillips
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM   #28
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Dear Chris:

Tim would know the answer to that,sir....You are not alone as this is the second time I have heard of this issue.

Hopefully Tim can help Chris....
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #29
Adam Went
Researcher

Hey all,

Chris:

I used to have exactly the same problem, and discovered that the best way to avoid this happening is when you enter your username and password in their boxes, tick the "Remember Me" icon right next to them. Provided your browser isn't shutting down for some other reason, this should stop you from getting logged out through inactivity. Try that and see if it works.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Adam.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #30
Chris Phillips
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Went
I used to have exactly the same problem, and discovered that the best way to avoid this happening is when you enter your username and password in their boxes, tick the "Remember Me" icon right next to them. Provided your browser isn't shutting down for some other reason, this should stop you from getting logged out through inactivity.
Thanks for the tip. I'm trying it now.

Yes, it does seem to work!

Chris Phillips