Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Feedback Forum > Complaint Department

Complaint Department Don't worry. We have fewer feelings than you think....so fire away.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #21
Debra Arif
Sausage brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nelson View Post
Oh no, not that!
Scott, be fair...you have got the serious board to go on now...maybe you can recommend Mr. P

Debs x
Debra Arif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #22
Sam Flynn
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn Resthal View Post
After a while, Ripper stuff becomes rather circular...
...the First Law of Ripperology.

Second Law - That which does not become circular rapidly goes pear-shaped.

Third Law - After a while, that which has gone pear-shaped also becomes circular.
Old August 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #23
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Sammy:

Even though I know your comments or laws of Ripperology ( true to the greater extent) are made in fun, its great that we DO go around and around since we seldom say all that we need to mention or could say in posts.
Like the neurasthenia thread. I'm very glad to see two Ripper magazine editors discussing the issues on that thread and yes, a lot of it is circular. Some of it is for the benefit,I suspect,for some folks who arent' members of the site, but in any event, I could talk about that sumbitch Stephenson all day.

WriteFX:

My humble apologies...I was only kidding. I always let Lars get me into trouble,it seems.
Old August 8th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #24
WRITEFX
Former Member

WriteFX:

My humble apologies...I was only kidding. I always let Lars get me into trouble,it seems.
------------------------------------------------------------

You won't be the first male to get pregnant. I think that bit of news was on this site too wasn't it?
Old August 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #25
String
innocent bystander & former captionmeister

4th law - If over 15 pages long the thread must degenerate into a slanging match.

String is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #26
Mike Covell
Former Member

5th Law- Put everyone on ignore and it looks like you are right all the time, everytime!
Mike Covell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #27
Celesta
Former Member

6th Law: All threads involving Mary Jane Kelly must segue to a discussion of whether George Hutchinson was lying and/or whether or not said Mary Jane brought the Ripper to the flat, invited him in if he came on his own, or whether or not he broke in on her. There is no escaping this. None.
Old August 8th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #28
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

7th Law: The Residual Effects Of Apathy:

Take someone...lets say, Melville Macnaghten....put together some ideas,none necessarily based on Case related facts...get someone to bind all the pages together....promote and distribute it....usually by way of a unified effort of one's own friends...go on message boards and keep yappin' away that "He's the killer"...for lets say three years...have the hoopla die out...wait another 5 years and presto ! Macnaghten will be an 'established" suspect based on the fact that no one took the effort of removing the ridiculous idea from their midst or boards or taking the theory apart,piece by piece..... In 50-75 years,when we are all no longer alive,future generations of Ripperologists will debate the Macnaghten "argument".

8th Law: Keep The French Out Of Ripperology.
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #29
Doctor X
Former Member

Why not . . . just . . . not click on threads that are non-Ripper-related if one objects to such?

--J.D.

P.S. 8th Law of Interweb Boards All will try to declare personal tastes universal and objective.
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM   #30
Mike Covell
Former Member

9th Law of Ripperology, There are primary sources, but lets ignore em and make our own theories up!!

10th Law of Ripperology, Once a year a new "Funny" suspect should be named, to releasebooks, pour scorn over those that study the case, make money, and make a name as "The one that solved the case"

11th Law of Ripperology, Everyone must refer to Robert D'Onston Stephenson with the words "Black Magician" after his name, thus,

Robert D'Onston Stephenson - Black Magician.
Mike Covell is offline   Reply With Quote