Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > On The Front Burner

On The Front Burner News & Events which are of importance to the modern Ripper researcher.

Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM   #211
Tom_Wescott
Researcher and Award Winning Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Barnett
The Berner Street/Batty Street confusion is new to the book as is the confusing '1895 office directly' reference which had been originally (correctly) supplied to Tom by Rob Clack as the '1895 Post Office directory'.
Those are something I invented for this book called 'typos'. Since topography is so damn interesting, I knew this one small section of the book would be everybody's favorite and that everybody would want to spend hours following each word back to source. I mean, what's more crucial and interesting than how much dirt might have been on Sanders Street in 1888 vs a decade later? My only mistake was padding the book with hundreds of pages of significant Ripper-related research and ideas. If i had it to do over again, it would be 350 pages of nothing but street names and numbers and dirt and stuff. I'd count out each individual foot step so everyone could go count them and tell me where I was three steps short or off by a yard. Because that's EXACTLY what this book is about.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Tom_Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote