Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Registration and Assistance

Registration and Assistance A "How To " by How

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Dave Gates
Former Member

Default help

I have lots of stuff and I do not know where to put it, or even if it is needed. Dave
Old February 21st, 2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Raven
Former Member

Can someone give Dave advice about how to attach a spreadsheet?
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Dave:

If you have spreadsheets that are substantial in size and do not have or know how to use Photobucket...then send them to me.
Some attachments ( not yours) recently were nearly 1Mb in size and I had to reduce them ( while retaining the quality of the attachment) significantly for the boards.
So send them over and I can work 'em out.
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:21 PM   #4
Raven
Former Member

It's OK How, I posted with my photobucket account
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Thanks Ali
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #6
George Lorton
Former Member

How do I delete my account???

I'm leaving the forums and I am not coming back. I've had a horrible week online with forums and emails, although not with this one.

However, I have been here a year or so and haven't made any friends and I really don't contribute anything to the boards here besides my 2 cents worth. My Ripper studies are out of date for me, Victorian London not really being my area. I was really just interested in Jack's victims, I hate JTR, he got away with murdering innocent women, who while prostitutes didn't hurt anybody but themselves that I am aware of. Also I'm more of a gilded age, 1920's kind of fella or when not studying that, I usually study the middle ages. Pity there wasn't any serial killers back then. If they were, they went unrecorded, at least in England and France, although there was Gilles de Montmorency-Laval, Baron of Rais. A nasty piece of work who terrorized early 15th century France

Anyways, I digress, what I would like is some know how on how to delete my account. The last time I took a sabbatical I came back and my password was changed, How and I had a horrible time getting it straight again, plus after the last few weeks that I've have had I am quite ready to through in the towel on posting in forums in general.
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #7
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

George:

If you split, you'll never catch me in the caption contest race.

Seriously, sleep on it. Think it over tomorrow.

How
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #8
George Lorton
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Brown View Post
George:

If you split, you'll never catch me in the caption contest race.

Seriously, sleep on it. Think it over tomorrow.

How
Hi How,

I wish you all the success in the caption race, i was just doing that for fun not really to win, actually I am surprised i got as far as I did. I have thought it over for the last 3 days while I walked to and from work and I have made up my mind.
Old December 9th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #9
Cris Malone
Historian

That's a shame, George. I always enjoy reading you're posts. You have a fresh, no nonsense way of looking at this that reminds some of us that we get caught up in minutia and forget the big picture.

Sorry you had a bad few days online. It happens to everyone on occasion. There are times when I get away from everything electronic... even modern, for that matter... flushes out the brain and re-tunes your senses to what really is around you... and what really is important.
"Objectivity comes from how the evidence is treated, not the nature of the evidence itself. Historians can be just as objective as any scientist."
Cris Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #10
George Lorton
Former Member

Hello Chris M,

I'm surprised you found my posts so interesting. I do feel that a lot of folks loose sight of the main picture.

I've grown up studying the Medieval era mostly and folks back then had a simple way of looking at things.

All,

The last week has really been the culmination of the last 3 years of what I have had to put up with in regards to a certain website and certain posters of that website. I had to deal with this while I was nursing my father through cancer and while dealing with a house fire that made me have to move.

During the last week I just received confirmation of my suspicions regarding their declarations of fair play and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. As I really don't have any hard evidence and don't want to sound like a whiner or a loon. It's given me a rather jaded view of cyperland. I tried to get over it and move on, which I am doing but still to tell the truth and since I am going anyways, "someone" got away with telling all their snarky friends who care to know about something that happened to me as a teen. One of whom emailed me a quite a few nasty snarky emails about what they knew too. Most of which I lost last year in that house fire. They didn't even use their real name and they did it from a public computer too probably. So there is not a damn thing I can do about it either except live with it, which I feel I will do better offline.

Joining this forum was a step in that direction and still posting on ATZ which I have been a proud member of for the last 4 years. Still when all is said and done I'm not really happy online or where I live either for that matter. What I am probably gonna do is sell my computer and get the hell out of dodge and not look back. I did it before when I got out of Wyoming back in 2000 right after Matthew Sheppard got murdered.

I will say that this has been an eye opener and insight into how people can be so two faced.

Now I do want to say that I have enjoyed my time on this website and I thank Adam Went for recommending it. Most of you are really nice folks or seem that way from what i know of you all. I do want to wish everyone who I have had discussions with in the past, bon chance.

Although I also want to say that I have been thinking this over off and on for the last year or so and I feel that I be happiest and be able to move on better without the computer reminding me of what a mess I got myself into with my loose lips although I will say that I was trying to make a point about how society views those who have gone through teen break downs at the time, which is why I had my little confessional which in turn turned around to bite me in the @$$. Anyways I got my say in which is more then most people get in life so I am pretty good but still I would like my account deleted. Especially after the last 3 years.

Last edited by George Lorton; December 9th, 2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: my big mouth