Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Newcomers Forum

Newcomers Forum Forum for newcomers to the mystery of Jack the Ripper and/or JTRForums.com

Old September 20th, 2015, 03:53 PM   #11
Anna Morris

Evans & Skinner, page 648, Abberline's opinion:

"There are many other things extremely remarkable. The fact that Klosowski when he came to reside in this country occupied a lodging in George-yard, Whitechapel-road, where the first murder was committed, is very curious..."

Some books have pictures of this address.
Old September 20th, 2015, 04:15 PM   #12
Emanuele Cianto

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Morris View Post

"There are many other things extremely remarkable. The fact that Klosowski when he came to reside in this country occupied a lodging in George-yard, Whitechapel-road, where the first murder was committed, is very curious..."

Some books have pictures of this address.
Hi Anna,

Thank you for your answers.

Regards,
Em
Emanuele Cianto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2015, 08:05 PM   #13
Cogidubnus
Derelict and Drifting

I make no secret of the fact that I admire Helena Wojtczak's work...her previous stuff (especially the Railwaywomen) was impressive...to my mind her work on Chapman is even more so...don't get me wrong, whilst I'm her literary slave, I've never even met her in person, nor spoken to her on the phone...I've had limited contact with her by email...and yet she impresses me more than most other authors...in fact her book is a strong contender for the title of best I ever read...

It's the researchand the readability...she's ignored all the previous works on this guy, and has gone back to grass roots and researched everything afresh...and in doing so has totally blown out of the water almost everything previous "researchers" found...and yet it's addictive...I seem to recall I read it in a couple of sittings...I stayed up late and couldn't put it down...and that makes it, in my opinion at least, not just a good book but a great book....

My sincere advice is buy the book and bug out for a weekend...

Dave
Cogidubnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 05:59 PM   #14
Wolf Vanderlinden
Researcher/Ripper Notes Editor

Quote:
Hi all,
Does anyone know where did Chapman live at the time of the murders?
I've read he lived as well in George Yard as well in Cable Street.
Quote:
Klosowski worked for, and lived with, the Radin family at 70 West India Dock Road (Limehouse) early (? the dates are not known) in 1888. When the Radin's moved their business Klosowski ended up at 126 cable Street (Stepney) in mid to late 1888. It wasn't until at least September of 1890 (when his son was born) that we know that he was living at the White Hart Pub near George Yard. Much of what Abberline says about Klosowski is wrong and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Wolf.
Wolf Vanderlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 06:07 PM   #15
Emanuele Cianto

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Vanderlinden View Post
Klosowski worked for, and lived with, the Radin family at 70 West India Dock Road (Limehouse) early (? the dates are not known) in 1888. When the Radin's moved their business Klosowski ended up at 126 cable Street (Stepney) in mid to late 1888. It wasn't until at least September of 1890 (when his son was born) that we know that he was living at the White Hart Pub near George Yard. Much of what Abberline says about Klosowski is wrong and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Wolf.
Hi Wolf.

Thank you for the clearing.
Do you even think this (with Helena's book) could roule him out of our suspects list as we know after the murder of Eddowes the killer went to north-east?

Regards,
Em
Old September 22nd, 2015, 10:40 AM   #16
Emanuele Cianto

Hi all,

Does anyone know something about Chapman's anatomical knowledge and if this could be similar to the Ripper's?
I have read Helena has found new evidence to separate his anatomical knowledge from that of Jack the Ripper.
Everything will be accepted.

Regards,
Em
Old September 22nd, 2015, 10:42 AM   #17
Emanuele Cianto

Exclamation

I would like to share this.
It's about Chapman.

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j...ixfmbiG7H79cOg

Regards,
Em
Old October 13th, 2015, 01:56 PM   #18
Emanuele Cianto

Hi everyone,

I know Chapman matches all eyewitness description by his clothes: white collar, white cuffs and black tie...
Is it possible he got his clothes only when the White Hart (a success) opened and not in 1888?

Thank you.

Regards,
Em