Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Newcomers Forum

Newcomers Forum Forum for newcomers to the mystery of Jack the Ripper and/or JTRForums.com

Old September 18th, 2015, 09:57 AM   #21
Emanuele Cianto

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Johnson View Post
I thought Batty street had always been linked to an "American"??

Code:
http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/rip-kuer.html

Regards
Hi Scott,

Thank you for replying.

You're right but problem is that there is no solid evidence the lodger was an American. That was my initial purpouse: I wonder if that lodger could have been an American man, 'cause I have an interest on Ripper suspect Francis James Tumblety.

Regards,
Em
Emanuele Cianto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2015, 12:45 PM   #22
Anna Morris

The general lodger story I remember, which I think is contemporary, is that a veterinary student lodged upstairs and left bloody clothing behind. Roughly the story of 'The Lodger' book. I never heard any of the lodger stories pertain to an American.

I do agree the paragraph below seems to apply to Tumblety. He was detained for something related to JtR's crimes, or on suspicion of being Jack. Why not this incident? His height is noted as being much above average also and tells us his height was so much different from the norm that it was noticeable.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 07:42 AM   #23
Paul Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanuele Cianto View Post
Hi Scott,

Thank you for replying.

You're right but problem is that there is no solid evidence the lodger was an American. That was my initial purpouse: I wonder if that lodger could have been an American man, 'cause I have an interest on Ripper suspect Francis James Tumblety.

Regards,
Em
The Lodger is my opinion was Tumblety.

Along with Bellsmith and the Sailor, part of the High Rip Gang. These accounted for the murders, though not of Mary Jane Kelly.
Paul Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2016, 10:30 AM   #24
Chris G.
Editor,Ripperologist Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Morris View Post
The general lodger story I remember, which I think is contemporary, is that a veterinary student lodged upstairs and left bloody clothing behind. Roughly the story of 'The Lodger' book. I never heard any of the lodger stories pertain to an American.

I do agree the paragraph below seems to apply to Tumblety. He was detained for something related to JtR's crimes, or on suspicion of being Jack. Why not this incident? His height is noted as being much above average also and tells us his height was so much different from the norm that it was noticeable.
Hi Anna

The landlady, Mrs Kuer, was German and was described as speaking broken English. See "Mrs. Kuer's Lodger" by Gavin Bromley which we originally published in Ripperologist. Gavin's article in a lot of ways raises more questions than it settles and the truth seems to be a lot more complicated than first thought.

Best regards

Chris
http://www.ripperologist.biz
http://blog.casebook.org/chrisgeorge
For info about RipperCon, in Baltimore, MD,
April 8-10, 2016, go to http://rippercon.com/
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2016, 08:12 AM   #25
Jeff Leahy
Bannee

I thought the various problems with this were tackled in Rob House prime suspect

There was no lodger just a bloody shirt as Mrs Kur took in washing from a german speaker who claimed his brother had cut his Corn?

Yours Jeff

PS Ah looks like I've already stated this, thats what happens if you don't check the entire thread...
Jeff Leahy is offline   Reply With Quote