Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Newcomers Forum

Newcomers Forum Forum for newcomers to the mystery of Jack the Ripper and/or JTRForums.com

Old September 20th, 2015, 02:29 PM   #1
Emanuele Cianto

Post For all JtRF members

Hi all,

I would like to share this site with members.
It i about Jack the Ripper's anatomical knowledge, motive and Modus Operandi.
I found it very cool.

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j...03073922,d.bGg

Regards,
Em
Emanuele Cianto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2015, 03:28 PM   #2
Anna Morris

I think Jack was a strangler. Maybe a woman woke up too soon on one occasion and throat cutting became a necessity. Maybe Druitt's "sexual insanity" had to do with strangling women into a comatose state.

In that day where meat actually came from animals, not just supermarkets, I don't think anatomical knowledge would be that hard to get. I don't know enough about comparative anatomy to say what animal model would be similar to a woman. Perhaps a sheep. Pigs, not. Jack had anatomical knowledge of sorts, but where did he get it?

Draining blood via cuts to the great vessels in the neck is also a butcher's technique. Blood left inside the carcass spoils the meat. Also, among Jews and Muslims, blood is considered extremely defiling and filthy. Though all of what Jack did should meet that description, perhaps he felt a need to get rid of as much "dirty" blood as possible.

It is a well written article. Anything is possible.
Old September 21st, 2015, 04:54 AM   #3
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default Kate

Hello Emanuele. This chap rightly points out that Kate may NOT have been strangled.

Wish more people would take this to heart.

Cheers.
LC
Lynn Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 11:57 AM   #4
Anna Morris

Lynn: Both Liz and Kate had neckerchiefs around their throats which would have made good handles for the killer to grasp. I wonder if he was able to tighten these scarves enough to render the victims silent while he threw then to the ground?
Old September 21st, 2015, 02:49 PM   #5
Phillip Walton
Researcher

Apparently pigs are nearest to humans in physiology, live pigs have been used as car crash test dummies (although sedated, and the practice stopped after protests.) So someone experienced in slaughtering and butchering pigs would have the necessary knowledge. Workhouse inmates were often put to work in the workhouse mortuary where they could also pick up knowledge.
Phillip Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 03:21 PM   #6
Emanuele Cianto

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Walton View Post
Apparently pigs are nearest to humans in physiology, live pigs have been used as car crash test dummies (although sedated, and the practice stopped after protests.) So someone experienced in slaughtering and butchering pigs would have the necessary knowledge. Workhouse inmates were often put to work in the workhouse mortuary where they could also pick up knowledge.
Hi Philip.

Thank you for your answer.
I agree with you, but as the article states: the Ripper operated in almost completely dark places, in less then 9 minutes (Eddowes' murder) and if he really cut throats to take away the organs without too much blood, then it's obvious he wanted the organs. If he wanted the organs he had to know where they are. Even if human and pigs are similar in anatomy, the position of the organs isn't the same. A human kidney is almost identical to that of a pig, but the position is not the same. As one of the doctor said (I think he was Brow, but I could be wrong):

"To remove the kidney it takes a good knowledge as to its position, as it tends to be overlooked, being covered by a membran."

Remember the conditions in which the murderer operated (dark, rainy and possibly fog). I think a butcher would not be on the top of the list.

However, you know I could very well be wrong.
Hope my English was well.

Regards,
Em
Old September 21st, 2015, 03:25 PM   #7
Emanuele Cianto

I think Mr Michael Hawley's article 'Francis Tumblety and the Elixir of Life' is a good one to understand connections between Tumblety and the removal of the wombs. I think he's the only known suspects with whom it would be explained why the Ripper was intentioned to take the organs away.

Plus, it's a wonderful story and I think it must be read, as it's really corroborated by evidence.

Regards,
Em
Old September 21st, 2015, 03:39 PM   #8
Lynn Cates
Researcher & Author

Default Oh, yes! Thwow her to the fwow and stwike her wuffly.

Hello Anna. Thanks.

Umm, well Liz was NOT thrown to the ground--cachous.

Cheers.
LC
Lynn Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 03:59 PM   #9
Anna Morris

Actually I think not, Philip, when it comes to the uterus. Animals that have litters of young usually have a different organ than animals that usually have single births. I could look up what a pig has but assume it is a double system like dogs and cats. Horns or the uterus. Think I have heard this of pigs. Sheep therefore, I think would be closest to a woman, in this consideration. Cow or horse should be similar but the size is so much larger.
Old September 21st, 2015, 04:03 PM   #10
Anna Morris

Lynn: You are right. I'll have to re-think things. The cachous do make a break in action from the altercation with BS-Man, IF he was tussling with Liz, which maybe he wasn't. Complicated situation.