Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Persons Of Interest or Actual Suspects > James Maybrick

James Maybrick It should really be called the Maybrick Dairy; where else would you expect to find a cash cow being milked?

Old November 14th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #11
Caroline Brown
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Johnston View Post
This from Ms. Lucy Evans, University Special Collections and Archives.

18th August 2017;

Dear James,

Many thanks for your email. To (try) and answer your questions:

I can’t find any reference to the four electricians in the University Archives.

It is possible that the department which they took the diary to was the University Archives, although this was in the Harold Cohen Library in 1992 which is not on Pembroke Place, as I think you mentioned in an earlier email.

I contacted the archivist who was in post in 1992 and who is now retired, Adrian Allan. He was kind enough to check his records for 9th March 1992, but he found no mention of a visit regarding the diary...

...The research into the alleged visit is still on-going. For a start, we don't know whether the electricians were meant to have visited the University, or the Polytechnic.

According to Mr. Colin Rhodes, the visit was thought to have been during a 'lunch break' and was rumoured to have involved Mr. E. Lyons. There was some speculation that the electricians were hoping to have the ink tested for an approximate age.

Best, James.
Hi James,

As you know, I have been wondering if the visit - assuming it happened - was more likely to have taken place on the following day, Tuesday 10th March, as the wiring job at No 7 would have been wound up by lunch time [only 4 hours claimed on the time sheet], leaving more free time to make the trip.

If Mr Allan only checked his records for Monday 9th March, could that be why he found no mention of the visit?

Mike could have been shown the diary briefly on 9th, in the pub, and arrangements only made to sell it to him once he got a positive response from Doreen sometime the following day, while the University's response was likely to have been more guarded.

Love,

Caz
X
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:34 PM   #12
James Johnston
Filmmaker

Evening Caroline,

Apologies for the late response on your previous message & email.

Certainly, Tuesday 10th does allow the electricians more time to have made the alleged visit to the University.

I am very happy to contact Mr. Allan again and see what other information he may have - with specific attention on Tuesday 10th March 1992.

Best as always, James.
James Johnston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 06:52 AM   #13
Caroline Brown
Author

Cheers James!

We'll get there in the end. I don't think there are too many pieces of the puzzle missing now.

If others want to keep punching the wrong pieces into it there's not much anyone can do about it. But it has gone rather quiet of late on the "Mike forged it" front.

Mind you, none of this will help establish who wrote it and why, or when it was first placed under those floorboards.

Love,

Caz
X
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:11 AM   #14
Mr. Poster
Twit

Are Caroline Brown and Caroline Morris the same person?

P
"Chance hasn't yet peached on Jack the Ripper.If she ever does, it will probably be cause for grotesque disappointment among the Ripperologists, who get as much joy from attacking one another's lunacies, as from any problems originally posed by the Whitechapel murderer" R. Gowers, The Independant, Saturday, 31 December 1994
Mr. Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:52 AM   #15
Paul Butler
Who?

Yes Lars, they are both Caz!
Paul Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 08:32 AM   #16
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

No. Caroline Morris looks like Sylvia Plath. Caroline Brown looks like Caroline Brown.
Robert Linford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:17 AM   #17
Caroline Brown
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Poster View Post
Are Caroline Brown and Caroline Morris the same person?

P
Hi Mr. P,

On account of my long search for Mr. Right, I have now had four surnames in all, including my maiden name.

Mr Brown of Sidmouth has been married once before, and worryingly refers to me as "the current Mrs Brown".

He thinks it will keep me on my toes.

Love,

Caz
X
Old November 15th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #18
Mr. Poster
Twit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Butler View Post
Yes Lars, they are both Caz!
Gordon Bennett!

Its hard to keep up!!

And there was me wondering who this knowledgeable Brown person was who appeared from nowhere!

p
"Chance hasn't yet peached on Jack the Ripper.If she ever does, it will probably be cause for grotesque disappointment among the Ripperologists, who get as much joy from attacking one another's lunacies, as from any problems originally posed by the Whitechapel murderer" R. Gowers, The Independant, Saturday, 31 December 1994
Mr. Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:29 PM   #19
Sam Flynn
Owl Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Brown View Post
Mr Brown of Sidmouth has been married once before, and worryingly refers to me as "the current Mrs Brown".
Don't eat the mushrooms.

"Suche Nullen"
(F. Nietzsche)

Sam Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:48 PM   #20
SirRobertAnderson
Researcher / Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Brown View Post
Why not Shirley Harrison?
The question of valuation puts Anne in mind far more than Shirley. I also have trouble envisioning the latter making a solo visit with the Diary.

There has of course a lot of manure spread over the years but one of the things that has always raised my eyebrow was Anne's claims that Jack the Ripper meant nothing to her or that she figured him to be on par with Spring Heeled Jack. Utter bullshit. She wanted to know how much this thing was worth IMHO.
SirRobertAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote