Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Maps & Charts

Maps & Charts Area of JTRForums for maps of the East End and other relevant areas. Charts and graphs will be found here as well

Old February 10th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #21
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Bump Up
Old June 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM   #22
Lemonjelly
Researcher

Hoping Geoff sees this/checks the boards. Tried sending a message through the website, & got a 404 message.
I wanted to check that the poster version of the map is still available. I've finally moved house, so now am able to look to get the map & frame for one of the rooms.
Is the website working fully for purchases too?
Lemonjelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #23
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Lem:
I'm putting his email in a p.m. to you.
If others are having trouble locating Geoff, contact me.
Old June 5th, 2014, 05:51 AM   #24
Lemonjelly
Researcher

Many Thanks How!
Old June 5th, 2014, 06:22 AM   #25
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Meu prazer, Lemon....any time.
Old June 6th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #26
Cogidubnus
Derelict and Drifting

Hi Lemonjelly

Quote:
Hoping Geoff sees this/checks the boards. Tried sending a message through the website, & got a 404 message.
I wanted to check that the poster version of the map is still available. I've finally moved house, so now am able to look to get the map & frame for one of the rooms.
Is the website working fully for purchases too?
Yes me too...please do let me know how you get on, as my den, (still not really very far under way), could probably do with a poster map...if I can find enough wall unobstructed by bookshelves...

All the best

Dave
Cogidubnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 06:48 AM   #27
Lemonjelly
Researcher

Geoff emailed me (it seems the message on his website did get through anyway) & I have ordered the map.

I also ordered a frame (already arrived!) & will place the map in my new library.
Geoff also took the time to email me to confirm the map had been posted. That's a small touch, but a really nice one I thought.

Can't wait for it to arrive. I might post a pic of it framed if I can work out the technology!
Old June 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM   #28
Lemonjelly
Researcher

Quick update,
royal mail have clearly damaged the map/tube it was shipped in. They've either dropped a heavy box on it, or the postie has tried to force it into a space in his van & damaged it. Significantly.

Not happy with rm.

Geoff however has been stellar in his response (I messaged him). He requested pics of the damage & I assume is making a claim against rm for the damage, having dispatched a replacement map.
Old June 21st, 2014, 07:21 PM   #29
Lemonjelly
Researcher

Ok, so, I am now the proud owner of Geoff's map of Whitechapel 1888.

First off, Geoff's customer service goes above & beyond any usual experience I have. He has been prompt & a pleasure to deal with - even when the courier gods work against him.

The poster map dimensions are A0, exactly as described. I have an A0 size snapframe in which the map is proudly hosted. It is a lovely gem of an artifact in my opinion. Having scales etc on the map is wonderful, as is the clarity of the printing.

As a non-Londoner, it is delightful to have a scale detailed model of the streets I have become familiar with over recent years. The sheer number of times I've been wondering how close x was to y, or A street to B row. Now I will wonder no longer.

I have cleared a dedicated space on a wall with my books for the map to be wall mounted. I can easily foresee many lost hours staring at the map, mentally calculating possibilities and probabilities.

A wonderful item, which I will view daily. Whilst the cost is equal to many books, I can anticipate hours of contemplation and viewing of this masterpiece.

Thanks for everything Geoff. It is a stellar item.
Old June 26th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #30
Geoff Cooper
Researcher

Default Contact me page errors

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been here in a while.

There does seem to be a problem with the Contact Me page on my site, but my email address is on the front page anyway.

I'm trying to get the error fixed as soon as possible.

As far a Royall Mail is concerned, they won't entertain any claim from me as I live in Cyprus, and the originating Mail authority here is Cyprus Mail. They will both blame each other for any damage, so I'm afraid I'll just have to take it on the chin.

Best Regards to you all.
Geoff Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote