Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Critics Corner + Opinion Central

Critics Corner + Opinion Central Book and articles reviewed...Theories analyzed....You know what they say about opinions...they're like Ripperological viewpoints....everyone has one.

Old March 29th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #21
Monty
---- ---

No? No one stepping up and naming these Cabal members?

Must be a load of bollock talk then.

Monty
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #22
Colin Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
No? No one stepping up and naming these Cabal members?

Must be a load of bollock talk then.
I believe that loosely knit cartels, cabals, etc. are subconsciously assembled every time that a disagreement evolves into the 'taking of sides'.

You and Rob, Neil, most recently joined forces in your opposition to Christer's and Edward's assertions pertaining to Charles Lechmere. Bob Anderson tagged along as a premature cartel wannabe, even though he was wanting of a map depicting the applicable points of relevance, and knowledge of the circumstances in which Lechmere's identity was discovered.

Christer's and Edward's theory is drastically cheapened by their suggestions that Lechmere was somehow found "standing over" Nichols's body; that his supposed visits to his mother's abode in St. George in the East placed him in the vicinity of the Stride murder-site; and that his daily excursions to Pickford's took him "directly past" each of the other murder-sites; etc.

But Rob's, Bob's, and your assertions that Lechmere's use of an alias was somehow perfectly understandable; and that an East End carman that had lived his entire life in rough neighborhoods would invariably side step a direct route to work, in order to avoid the Flowery Dean rookery are just as cheap.

Lechmere's use of an alias in this instance is not at all understandable! It's BIZARRE!

But, believe it or not: I am actually developing the gut feeling that Lechmere did in fact answer to the name 'Cross' at his place of employment, and perhaps elsewhere, even though he would return home each evening, to a Mrs. Lechmere and ten little Lechmeres.

As for Lechmere's presumed proclivity to avoid the Flowery Dean and Dorset Street: If he was in fact 'Jack the Ripper', then he did venture into those neighborhoods. Period!

I would suggest that the vigor, with which you in particular, Neil, have stood up to Christer's and Edward's impressive, but sadly tainted case, after having criticized my vigorous attempts to shout down Mei Trow's unadulterated nonsense, is evidence of the existence of a cabal. Mei Trow has somehow achieved 'good guy' status, whereas Christer and Edward have not.

And continued use of the name 'Cross' is unquestionably subconscious suppression of new evidence.

We're all guilty of having taken sides from time to time, Neil: You, I, Rob, Phil, John, Jake, Jeff, Phil Carter, Simon Wood, and even Tom.

Cartels exist, Neil, but of course they have a tendency to come and go.

P.S. You and especially Rob both know that I regard you as friends.
Colin Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #23
Monty
---- ---

I'm not going to wholly disagree with you post Colin (apart from your views on alternative names etc), even though the majority of it belongs on a different thread.

Posts made by some on this cabal business allude to a secret squirrel organisation which deliberately goes out of its way to keep certain theories alive and quash new research.

Taking Ed and Christers theory as example, this cabal has failed miserably as this theory is certainly alive and kicking.

So with that in mind, why is do some feel the need to squeal about cabal? What is the evidence that it exists and who are they?

Clearly my name has been alluded to and, quite frankly, its tiresome. As well and tarnishing good reputations. Not mine, as I don't have one.

Sure, cliques exist, I'm not denying that, however to such a degree that research and evidence is being opressed or denied?

I don't think so.

Monty
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #24
Rob Clack
Author/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Roberts View Post
P.S. You and especially Rob both know that I regard you as friends.
Yes, even when I found out you were a Chelsea supporter

Rob
Rob Clack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #25
Chris G.

Hi Monty and Colin

I really think that anyone who believes a "cabal" exists in Ripperology is letting their paranoia get the better of them. I think there are two many personal differences of opinion for there to really be any "cabal."

Colin, you make some excellent points about how persons who promote a suspect use any titbit or "tittle" of so-called evidence to bolster the case for their guy, whether those bits and pieces were real or not and despite the fact that there were and are likely explanations for what occurred other than what they claim.

In that sense, Colin, I very much like your statement that, ". . . believe it or not: I am actually developing the gut feeling that Lechmere did in fact answer to the name 'Cross' at his place of employment, and perhaps elsewhere, even though he would return home each evening, to a Mrs. Lechmere and ten little Lechmeres."

Well said.

People do use different names and it isn't just because they are serial killers but for diverse other reasons as well. Outlandish as it might seem. And let me say this isn't because I am necessarily "down" on Cross/Lechmere, just that nothing that has been produced so far convinces me that he was the killer.

Best regards

Chris
April 7-8, 2018, go to http://rippercon.com/[/URL]
2 days of talks & 2 days of tours, April 6 to April 9!
Places still available.
Don't Miss Out on the Only North American
Conference on the Whitechapel Murders
in the 130th Anniversary Year of the Crimes
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote