Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Community's Collective Wisdom

The Community's Collective Wisdom "Scotland Yard was really no wiser on the subject than it was 15 years ago.."-F.G.Abberline,1903. The question is...are we ?

Old March 16th, 2017, 04:18 AM   #21
Leonardo Salvaggio
Debunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Fran View Post
I'm sure you haven't, Mr. P.
The problem is when they become too easily dismissive.
Totally agree. I keep saying that to my fellow debunkers.
Old May 26th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #22
Michael Banks

I'm a late arrival on this thread. I just read that Hoax Museum thing and have almost lost the will to live! Surely they aren't being serious? Just a bit of a game right? Please tell me that they're not being serious!?

Anyway Leonardo you asked if anyone was linked to the Skeptic movement? Not directly but I looked at your Wiki link and it mentions people like Christopher Hitchens ( a particular hero of mine), Richard Dawkins,Sam Harris and Daniel Dennett who come via what's now known as the 'new atheist' movement. I'm a Humanist, and a large part of Humanist thinking is simply about believing in things that there is evidence for. Following the evidence to where it leads and not to resort to superstition or magic for answers. They promote freedom of thought, belief and expression. That sort of thing. Making the best of the only life we get etc.
Regards
Michael
Michael Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2017, 01:40 PM   #23
Michael Banks

I guess that your telling me that these guys weren't just playing a game. I'm amazed. Never heard of any connection between Arthur Sullivan, Roslyn and Mary Kelly. In what way is there a hoax to do with Roslyn? Obviously I've heard of Roslyn. I remember reading, unsure if I've got the title right, 'The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail.' Read 3 or 4 other books in this vein. It just seemed that the guys on that site were trying to outdo each other. That's why I thought it was a kind of game.
I don't 'object' to anyone having an opinion. I genuinely have never heard of the things that you mentioned above. I don't debate any opinion if I know nothing about the subject. And I really don't know anything about the things you've mentioned. I'm open for finding out though.
Regards
Michael
Old May 28th, 2017, 02:39 PM   #24
San Fran

Howard can tell you what the "Hoax" with Roslyn D'Onston is. It's his candidacy.

In the end, I did debunk the Arthur Sullivan paternity by finding Liverpool Mary Jane Kelly's son was born in 1887 so during MJK's East End days rather than West End.
San Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 02:58 PM   #25
Michael Banks

Is there some kind of conspiracy going on here? I have 2 posts but there was a post from San Fran in between which has now disappeared.

I'm feeling a little lost. Who is Liverpool Mary Kelly? And surely the real Mary Jane Kelly (birthplace, family etc) haven't been established yet or have I missed something?

Regards
Michael