Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Story

Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Story Produced & Directed by Jeff Leahy and written by Paul Begg & John Bennett. The making of the first documentary ever written and produced by Ripperologists.

Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:23 PM   #11
George Lorton
Former Member

Was the grass greener on the other side of the Rubicon? I think Rubicon is or was a show on AMC. I used to watch it after Mad Men. So I guessed while I have not crossed the Rubicon I have watched it.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:43 PM   #12
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

No I think that a whole year of being part of a public 'FACE'

Was what I was getting at.....

John Bennet and Paul Begg and I made a program together and for many reasons we had to have a united face..

And while I cant think of two people who i revire , admir and Love

more than John and Paul

as a team, on the final fifteen minutes of that program....well we clearly had diffences...

I'm not quite certain why everyone thinks we should have agreed?

And actually by and large I think they both talk more sense than anyone else I know on the subject...

But I do now feel FREE to say I believe Aaron Kosminski was Jack the Ripper, while recognising that I cant prove that statement, or that anyone else working on the projecct could think otherwise...?

FREE! to cross the rubicon after all this time and speak for myself rather than a team...

I wish them all luck...

But Aaron is the only logical JtR candiate given what is known at present about the JtR mystery

Yours Jeff
Jeff Leahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #13
George Lorton
Former Member

Hi Jeff

I need to use Rubicon more as do the folks around me. Seriously I never heard that expression until you made your post and to me the word was just the name of a show on AMC. Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed given that after High School I just have some Tech school under my belt but I am well read. I've just always said, "I have crossed the point of no return." when using that type of expression or saying "I can't turn back now," I like "I have crossed the Rubicon", better!

The origins of the term had to do with a river in Italy which was considered the point of no return or the edge of the then known world in Roman times or more to the point, Julius Caesar's Day. When Caesar crossed it to conquer/explore everything in his path he crossed the point of no return for him. Some scholar must of made that point in his/her work or study on Caesar.

Regarding Jack The Ripper, well he (or she) crossed it when he murdered his first victim, whoever that was. I'm thinking it was probably some poor animal which he might of killed in childhood for cheap thrills.
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #14
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lorton View Post
Hi Jeff

I need to use Rubicon more as do the folks around me. Seriously I never heard that expression until you made your post and to me the word was just the name of a show on AMC. Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed given that after High School I just have some Tech school under my belt but I am well read. I've just always said, "I have crossed the point of no return." when using that type of expression or saying "I can't turn back now," I like "I have crossed the Rubicon", better!

The origins of the term had to do with a river in Italy which was considered the point of no return or the edge of the then known world in Roman times or more to the point, Julius Caesar's Day. When Caesar crossed it to conquer/explore everything in his path he crossed the point of no return for him. Some scholar must of made that point in his/her work or study on Caesar.

Regarding Jack The Ripper, well he (or she) crossed it when he murdered his first victim, whoever that was. I'm thinking it was probably some poor animal which he might of killed in childhood for cheap thrills.
Hi George

Yep I love this expression also.....it has power and meaning...

I dont think it relates to Jack the Ripper.....I dont think he ever had a choice, as its my opinion he suffered a terrible depilitating illness calling schizophrenia.....which destroyed his mind...

That said I've had an exciting weekend crossing the 'Rubicon' filming steam trains and talking to exciting people who love and work with these fantastic mechines......May my next project be this amazing experience?

But I'm on a journey, I've crossed the rubicon and there is no way back but death now.....

So if you know where I can find 30m to film the Biography of Prince Rupert please let me know....

Until such a time I think I will have to follow Julius Cesus state of mind and presence....

Yours Jeff
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #15
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

test post
Attached Images

Old September 25th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

Sorry I have uploaded the wrong image and now seem unable to delete it

That is nature of stuff on desk top Sorry

Jeff
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #17
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

second attempt
Attached Images

Old September 25th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #18
George Lorton
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
Hi George

Yep I love this expression also.....it has power and meaning...

I dont think it relates to Jack the Ripper.....I dont think he ever had a choice, as its my opinion he suffered a terrible depilitating illness calling schizophrenia.....which destroyed his mind...

That said I've had an exciting weekend crossing the 'Rubicon' filming steam trains and talking to exciting people who love and work with these fantastic mechines......May my next project be this amazing experience?

But I'm on a journey, I've crossed the rubicon and there is no way back but death now.....

So if you know where I can find 30m to film the Biography of Prince Rupert please let me know....

Until such a time I think I will have to follow Julius Cesus state of mind and presence....

Yours Jeff

Congratulations on starting your project! You have indeed crossed the Rubicon. I hope everything goes off with out a hitch for you. Bon Chance, Jeff.

Prince Rupert? Do you mean Prince Rupert who tried to re-capture Liverpool from Parliamentary forces in the 17th centry English Civil War. he the only one that comes to mind for me.
Old September 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #19
George Lorton
Former Member

Also thanks for sharing the pictures.
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #20
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lorton View Post
Also thanks for sharing the pictures.
Thats cool...

I do apologise to everyone about the chapman image this was a complete error in loading pictures on my part. If it could be removed I'd be garateful as teh last thing i would wish to do is upset Neal or the Chapman family.

I dont know how this happened must have clicked on the wrong jpeg

Yours Jeff