Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Story

Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Story Produced & Directed by Jeff Leahy and written by Paul Begg & John Bennett. The making of the first documentary ever written and produced by Ripperologists.

Old September 26th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #21
George Lorton
Former Member

No Worries Jeff, these things happen; the wonder of techonigy. I didn't know who I was looking at. I knew it was one of the victims of this Ripper in happier time with her Husband but the name escaped me. Hopefully I was the only one who saw the picture or part of it. A corner of it to be percise.
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #22
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

I hope Neal wont be to cross...

It was very kind of him to gain permission for its use in Definitive Story and we had much fun recreating the scene..

I gather i'm currently being discussed on casebook...I think Oscar Wilde said something about the only thing than being talked about etc...

It was great to see the program have an extra play last night and some excellent feed back about the program..

I'm aware that there is some critisism of the CGi...

Well I hope to address this at conference next week but it has been updated and should address these critisism for the DVD..

Yours Jeff
Jeff Leahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #23
String
innocent bystander & former captionmeister

On the whole the cgi was fine. It was just a few scenes that jolted and looked too false. I'm sure if you review them you could maybe do them another way or do without them.
People have gotten very demanding in this area. In fact I was watching that new dinosaurs programme on BBC in HD and thought the cgi wasn't up to par on quite a few scenes it looked very soft.
It's easy being a critic.
String is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #24
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by String View Post
On the whole the cgi was fine. It was just a few scenes that jolted and looked too false. I'm sure if you review them you could maybe do them another way or do without them.
People have gotten very demanding in this area. In fact I was watching that new dinosaurs programme on BBC in HD and thought the cgi wasn't up to par on quite a few scenes it looked very soft.
It's easy being a critic.
We made the program in six months! We all worked 24/7.

The CGi has now been re-done. 24 new models. New Graphics. New Comps.

So hopefully something new for conference next week...

I'm sitting remixing the sound as we speak

Yours Jeff

PS Trevor...I have asked you consistently to debate me on the identity of Jack the Ripper. It is you that have refused to debate me and hide behind skirts..
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #25
George Lorton
Former Member

Jeff is your program going to be shown in America anytime soon, and if so on what channel?
Old September 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #26
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lorton View Post
Jeff is your program going to be shown in America anytime soon, and if so on what channel?
I'll see if I can find some play dates but the program is currently on cinematic release in the USA (mid-version)

It is playing at Halloween based film festivals, I will try and keep everyone posted

Yours Jeff
Old September 27th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #27
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

I have now damaged two screen monitors reading Phil Carters posts

Who is this man ?

Never has there ever been more need for someone finally to stand and give the public the final answer to the identity of Jack the Ripper...

I understand that many of you have residence to do so..

But it must seem obvious by now there is only one real contender for the 'Mantle' or 'Mantels' of JtR?

Someone needs to point out the obvious at last...Anderson was RIGHT

Yours Jeff
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #28
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Jeff:

Simmer down amigo.
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #29
Jeff Leahy
TV Producer/Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Brown View Post
Jeff:

Simmer down amigo.
Sorry Howard but I feel it a very sad state of affairs that the case for Aron Kosminski being Jack the Ripper has been totally hi-jacked by people who clearly dont think he was...

What we currently have is completely unbalanced argument, simply based around what was stated by Anderson and Swanson.

This has NOTHING to do with the case for Aaron actually being the Ripper.

It is VERY sad because the general public are simply faced with negative arguments being put forward by people who beleive someone other than Aron Kosminski was the Ripper..

It is therefore a sad unbalanced debate that actually deals with none of the issues..

If thats the debate the Ripper community wants and deserves....

well its up to them....but please don't expect me to support it..

Its time that debate was opened up and bought into the open and not concealed behind closed doors and those that would prefer that debate didnt happen in public (ie National public)..by those with some knowledge and belief in those arguments.

I will of course address this at this years conference

Are you trying to claim Anderson made a mistake? and how would you justify that argument?

YOurs Jeff Leahy

PS "Here we go again"??....yes the world is a sphere floating in space and orbiting the sun...It doesnt matter what sort of ....argument is made for the world being flat..it remains round Trevor.
Old September 28th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #30
Scott Nelson
Schoolyard Bully

Take it easy Jeff. Phil Cater is a very smart man. I don't agree with his historical approach, but he provides a lot of valuable insight into the case. Please consider using him as a consultant in your next motion picture production.
Scott Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote