Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Victims > Other Possible Victims > Frances Coles

Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Default *The Record Of Sadler*

As with the 1895 assault on Alice Graham by William Grant Grainger...the Gazette provided the public a list ( its source being the Police ) of Sadler's voyages and the murders.

In The Ultimate Sourcebook ( to use a highly reputable source), Stewart Evans points out that the police took Sadler's potential suspectworthiness in the Whitechapel Murders very seriously. Sadler was interviewed personally by Donald Swanson.

Swanson is quoted in the same newspaper that the Ripper was dead by 1895.

Since the police provided a list in both cases ( Sadler & Grainger ) about both individuals, isn't it likely that the police were still uncertain about the identity of the killer ? I certainly think so.

Pall Mall Gazette

February 18, 1891

Old December 17th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

In the previous post, I edited and corrected what I intended to say, originally....

Since the police provided a list in both cases ( Sadler & Grainger ) about both individuals, isn't it likely that the police were still uncertain about the identity of the killer ? I certainly think so