Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Ripper & Other Crime Media Forum > Ripper-related Photographs

Ripper-related Photographs A collection of photographs, some familiar, others obscure, but all germane to the case.

Old March 25th, 2008, 11:09 PM   #1
Dougie
Former Member

Default dead ringer

Anybody wanna see a " dead ringer" for druitt taken circa 1940.....the person is a relative,or was.....and theres a good reason for it too....but that part stays where it is for now....ill post it tommorrow ,it will be only a photo of a photo, the best i can do.
regards
Old April 15th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Celesta
This message has been deleted by Celesta.
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Celesta
This message has been deleted by .
Old April 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Celesta
This message has been deleted by .
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #2
Bob Hinton
Author

Default re Celesta Message that has been deleted

Dear Celesta,

I quite agree, we all promise to do things then forget. However what I am saying is why do some people sit down at a keyboard and type out that they will do something tomorrow - why not just do it as they are sitting there?

Its rather like getting a pot of paint, brushes, overalls and rags taking them all into a room and then saying I must paint that door tomorrow!

Do you remember that chap I was talking about? I think he was called 'I know something' or a name similar to that. He came on the boards saying that he was going to post the name of the culprit the following day, and then didn't. When people started asking when he was going to fulfill his promise he got all huffy and vanished.

With your party analogy, the normal practice is to announce a party and then hold your breath on the day that people show up. Not to announce a party and then when they do turn up announce you've cancelled it because you couldn't be bothered.

Personally if I had something, a picture or anything like that, which I thought would be of interest to others I would just post it. I'm sure I would get far more interest shown that way.

But then that's just me!

Hope you are well
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:29 AM   #3
Mike Covell
Former Member

Hi Bob, "IKnow" appeared some months ago and claimed to "Know" something!!

He told everyone he had proof in the form of family photos and documents and had promised the world.

He shut up because he told us he had signed a contract with the "Guardian" who were going to publish his story.

Months later and we are all still waiting, his views even gave birth to the infamous "IKnow Nothing" thread!!
Mike Covell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #4
Celesta
Former Member

Hi Bob & Mike,

I didn't know he had signed a contract. I did notice that he started on a very nasty note and sneered at the "experts." Frankly, I would have liked hearing his information. Maybe he was just trying to get attention. There are so many people, who lurk at these sites, and we just never know what their motivations are. It's my impression that IKnow was sending nasty PMs to people.

Take care, gents.
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Mike Covell
Former Member

He claimed to have signed it, and therefore could not reveal what "He Knew" in my eyes it was a load of old rubbish, but I enjoyed the pack attack!!
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #6
Sam Flynn
Former Member

Surely Druitt was a dead wringer after that soaking in the Thames?
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #7
Celesta
Former Member

I see. I missed that part. This was around Christmas, and that is a very busy time for me! I could easily have missed things.

As for the pack behavior, which I freely admit I did participate in to a small degree, I decided, after that, that I don't want to do that anymore! I think I'll take a wait and see approach next time! I made a crack about his story making a good plot for a novel, so that was my part of the pack attack. Scary, huh? After that, I got curious and tried to get him tell us more, but he took no notice of me. Thankfully.
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #8
Mike Covell
Former Member

That was when he said something like,

"I have sold the story to the press and the guardian will be printing it, so I cannot say anymore"

I admit to being curious but have learnt to be on my guard!
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #9
Bob Hinton
Author

Default That's the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Covell View Post
Hi Bob, "IKnow" appeared some months ago and claimed to "Know" something!!

He told everyone he had proof in the form of family photos and documents and had promised the world.

He shut up because he told us he had signed a contract with the "Guardian" who were going to publish his story.

Months later and we are all still waiting, his views even gave birth to the infamous "IKnow Nothing" thread!!
That's the chap. We seem to be having a spate of people like that recently.
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #10
Mike Covell
Former Member

Theres a factory running off little "IKnow's" right now, a new one raises its head every month, spouts garbage for a couple of weeks and vanishes!!

We have a quite period then there will be another!!