Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Witnesses + Evidence

The Witnesses + Evidence Inquest testimonies and how they have influenced Ripperology...from Albert Cadosch to a cry of "Oh,Murder !"....from the Goulston Street Graffito to those letters from Hell.

Old January 7th, 2017, 10:57 PM   #21
Adam Went
Researcher

Hi Anna,

When you do a Ripper tour, you get a better feel for the distances and what not. Mitre Square and Goulston Street really aren't that far apart, especially for somebody who no doubt knew where he was going and all the back streets and what not.

Fair chance that he was a thrill seeker killer, somebody who was excited by the fact that he might be caught red handed.

Cheers,
Adam.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2017, 12:08 PM   #22
Anna Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Went View Post
Hi Anna,

When you do a Ripper tour, you get a better feel for the distances and what not. Mitre Square and Goulston Street really aren't that far apart, especially for somebody who no doubt knew where he was going and all the back streets and what not.

Fair chance that he was a thrill seeker killer, somebody who was excited by the fact that he might be caught red handed.

Cheers,
Adam.
I try to imagine the area in terms of places I have lived. I think the basic area, including Mitre Square, is about half the size of one medium sized town I lived in. Even in that town, in modern times, in daylight, someone could do a burglary at one end of town and police with radios, cars, etc. could lose track of him between the north end and south. Even in a modern, well planned and neat town, criminals have ways of going over fences, through alleys, behind hedges, garages, sheds, etc.
Old January 14th, 2017, 09:33 PM   #23
Adam Went
Researcher

Hi Anna,

Exactly. Add to that poor lighting, inclement conditions and basically streets and alleyways where nobody would like to venture after dark, and a killer who knew his way around the district would have little bother evading the police once he left the scene of the crime.

Cheers,
Adam.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 06:12 PM   #24
QJ Coy
--------------------------

Default The Juwes

Given the circumstances of being approached and thwarted by two Jews while he was trying to sort out Elizabeth Stride, could the chalked message have been an outburst by Jack for not getting his way and foreshadowing on his part for what he was about to do to the next prostitute he came across and not an accusatory finger pointing towards Jews as the killers?
Old October 13th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #25
Anna Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by QJ Coy View Post
Given the circumstances of being approached and thwarted by two Jews while he was trying to sort out Elizabeth Stride, could the chalked message have been an outburst by Jack for not getting his way and foreshadowing on his part for what he was about to do to the next prostitute he came across and not an accusatory finger pointing towards Jews as the killers?
Three Jews probably saw the killer with Kate Eddowes. One of those Jews told his friends he did not like to go home alone when characters like that were hanging about. That sounds like at least one of the Jews knew one or both people in the couple. Someone else, somewhere else once suggested the Goulston Street message was aimed at those three Jews who may have identified JtR.

All that is yet another possibility but we keep discussing whether or not the killer even wrote the message. So much could have been but what was it actually and how can we prove any of it?
Old November 10th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #26
Anna Morris

For what it's worth, I think "Jews" is a word that can easily be misspelled by people who do not know the correct spelling for whatever reason. I would add a clip here but Clipular won't let me clip small paragraphs anymore. Don't know why.

For fun and relaxation I watch a number of youtube videos. I enjoy religious topics for personal knowledge and also to better understand how politics work. For whatever reason, most comments left on youtube are nasty and mean and of course religion brings out the worst so I am probably glad Clipular would not let me clip.

Someone wrote a paragraph excoriating a number of religions and spelled "Jews" as "Jeuws", several times, as in "Orthodox Jeuws". Considering folks today have more education and Spell Check I find this interesting for what it's worth. If a modern person spells like this on a computer why should we think an 1888, chalk wielding graffiti writer in a dark entrance in Goulston Street would be any more accurate?